Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd be surprised if this topic wasn't beat to death. The R170 cupholder is truly tragic. Mine is really loose and rattles. There are two screws to either side of the cup holder tray, but they don't really appear to hold anything in, and now the latch doesn't work. Has anyone done any DIY on this, or can point me in the right direction? I'd like to replace it, or remove it and put in something else.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,475 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solid

Thanks SLK320 - Maybe I can repair the part. I don't mind paying Mercedes prices for premium parts or AMG parts, but 300 on things like cup holders and dome light housings is where I need to draw a line.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked

Already looked, also the dome light housing, I can get it for like 240, but that's the cheapest I've found it. The cupholder is three parts, 2 of them are over 100 bucks, one is like 40. I've also looked for that on ebay. I'm confident I can do a DIY repair on it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks SLK320 - Maybe I can repair the part. I don't mind paying Mercedes prices for premium parts or AMG parts, but 300 on things like cup holders and dome light housings is where I need to draw a line.
I wouldn't bother, they are rattletrap when open, and are uniquely positioned to get your coffee all over both you and the windshield when in use. I'm in the process of replacing mine with wood and vinyl over it to hold my cell, satellite radio, and maybe a little doohickey holder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.