Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car comes with the little storage compartment rather than the cup holder. I had a bit of look online for a cup holder to replace the storage drawer with and could only find two for around £80 which I thought was ridiculous.

Does anybody know if there is an after market version for less money?

I do like a cup holder on long trips (and I do a fair few of them)!!

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
I wouldnt consider one if its like the one in the 171 located directly above all the centre consol electronics :( Bad idea Most get rid and fit a cubby

You do know you get a ticket and points for drinking or eating while driving ?

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Like other say using a factory one over the electroncs is not a good idea. Here is one like the one jbanks pointed you to that I got in black. Put it on the console just like te other person did with 3M doubled sided tape. Like this one asthe top bracket that holds cups is adjusable. Boat stores are a good place to pick it up.

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/S-D-588220-1/

I have radio buttons that stick because previous owner used the factory cup holder and there must have been a spill or leak.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one, and used it, in that exact same position in my A4 for over 2 years with no issues!

However, I have decided I don't want to add anything to the cockpit, so will have to slow down a bit and stop for a coffee instead!

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
the only type of drink that is allowed in my SLK is bottled water. Hence there never are nor will there ever be any sort of can in my vehicle. Yes, I am a dictator to my passengers in my car but it's my way or the highway. I'm so punny!

I do make exceptions though, especially for Benjamin Franklin!

...SBG...what about holding cans??? Thal?
of course I *can* hold my cups!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's not my fault honest! It was that sneaky hobbitses! Honest!... My precioussssss... When has anyone actually asked you... "Would you hold my cup for me please?"

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got one in Halfords that hooks over the door, I'll see if it gets in the way, it was only £3 so doesn't matter if it's no use.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
...SBG...what about holding cans??? Thal?
I do not approve of such banter, children. I have already put Slick and Jon on the naughty step. I think my mother will have just the right punishment for you!

Seriously; I use the option cupholder bought by the previous owner but it's a pain as I have only cold drinks and in the winter that space is ill suited to keep them cool. Not spilled anything from there in 11 months. Keeping fingers crossed.

A very dear friend recently started eating something crumbly sweet and fat in my car and I was totally reduced to a mute cringing mess, maybe next time I'll dare to say something :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell us how you get on with it please!
Will do, it's grey plastic so if it does fit, and isn't a nuisance I'm going to get the hubby to paint it to match the car interior for me.

A "friend" of mine a while ago drank a can of red bull in my A4 Cabriolet. This was bad enough because the stuff stinks, but she actually dumped the can in the footwell and just left it there!! I don't see her nowadays.

I don't allow any food or drink in my cars as a general rule, but I, as owner and driver can bend these rules to suit myself and other passengers. For example I have a very good mate who is a smoker, and I have allowed her to smoke in the car when the roof was down. She is an excellent tattoo artist and does my ink for free, so I can manage this one!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts