Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a cup holder for my SLK R171 2008. I have the cubby hole fitted and am looking to swap it out for the cup holder. I know they aren't the best design but there is a drive through Starbucks opening in my town and I just can't avoid the cup holder situation any longer!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,745 Posts
Before going for the original cup holder , you might want to do search on here for some of the alternatives people have come up with ...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Simple, Safe & Functional

Bought my SLK used. Apparently the previous owner did not know about SLK's demonic cup holder. 1000USDs later, a HU from a donor car was fitted and reprogrammed.

Here's the good part:
Look around the garage, find some foam packing material and fashion it to fit in the center console. Notice coffee stains already. Open cell foam is better than closed cell to adapt to the different diameter containers. When not in use, stuff it behind the passenger seat.

"I love it when a plan comes together.":wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Omg Rossdonna! That is an awesome idea! Will need to try and make it look a bit more appealing though ? thanks for the idea

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I dont ever, EVER, permit anything but pure water in my automobile and they must be bottled, lidded and securely held. If you must drink a slurpee, please do so in a BMW.

·
Super Moderator Northern California US 06 SLK 280
10,308 Posts
Bought my SLK used. Apparently the previous owner did not know about SLK's demonic cup holder. 1000USDs later, a HU from a donor car was fitted and reprogrammed.

Here's the good part:
Look around the garage, find some foam packing material and fashion it to fit in the center console. Notice coffee stains already. Open cell foam is better than closed cell to adapt to the different diameter containers. When not in use, stuff it behind the passenger seat.

"I love it when a plan comes together.":wink:
That is brilliant !!!!

:Beer:

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
That's a brilliant idea, although I use my cup holders all the time, but I'm very careful. And I use cup cozies on bottles because of them sweating. I've thought of putting a piece of clear vinyl over it, maybe tying it on to the cup holder with ribbon, yarn or string. I think it would stick to radio area without anything, though. I have too much junk in the center console.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
That's a brilliant idea, although I use my cup holders all the time, but I'm very careful. And I use cup cozies on bottles because of them sweating. I've thought of putting a piece of clear vinyl over it, maybe tying it on to the cup holder with ribbon, yarn or string. I think it would stick to radio area without anything, though. I have too much junk in the center console.
Me too, I use my cup holders all the time, only with bottled water and my coffee mug which has a top on it, but I like the center console idea, will give it a try, though I do actually use it for an arm rest, but still a damn fine idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts