Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a use for the cup holder. Spent about $5.00 and built a camcorder mount. The materials are as follows

2 inch nominal sch40 PVC pipe, 4 in long
2 inch nominal pipe cap
half roll duct tape
1/4-20 x 1/2 machine screw and two 1/4 washers

It's stable and took less than an hour to put together and test.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Very clever Tom. :tu: It also picked up your whistling tune at the end of the video. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Slick idea! I have a Bogen camcorder mount ($100) that I occasionally use for the track. It works well but it takes a bit of time setting up. It also takes up quite a bit of space. Your 'fix' seems to work well. I think that, along with zip-tying it down, would make for a good track camera.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
cool. clever little design.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Along with the tie straps, a secured wedge under the cup holder tray may be beneficial to preclude unwanted vibration.

I edited the original post, it's a 1/4-20 bolt vs a 1/2-20 bolt

Slick idea! I have a Bogen camcorder mount ($100) that I occasionally use for the track. It works well but it takes a bit of time setting up. It also takes up quite a bit of space. Your 'fix' seems to work well. I think that, along with zip-tying it down, would make for a good track camera.
Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
THAT'S GREAT TOM!! I have a miniture tripod I use when I fly and tried to use it in the cup holder but it would not stay secure. This will be my ...er rather...your fix for me. VIELEN DANK, SIR!!! :tu:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.