Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Dr Prop for permitting me to copy your lic. plate number. As agreed I am posting it for you to see. People take notice to the SLK to start with. Out first time with new plate and some bikers pulled up behind me at a stop light and one started pointing out the lic plate to the others with a smile on their faces.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
So from an Englishman who doesn't understand, can you have the same plate in all 52 states?, or does it have to be unique across the entire USA?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
So from an Englishman who doesn't understand, can you have the same plate in all 52 states?, or does it have to be unique across the entire USA?
It is a state-by-state thing.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
What Eddy said......plus each state has different rules....number of letters or numerals.....spaces or not.....most states have banned words or phrases.

Recently read an article mentioning that several states are introducing custom plates which will allow the owner's personal graphic as well as message....for an additional fee of course!

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like others have said it is state by state as each state has it's own DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) there is not just one DMV for the entire US. In SC if 200 or more people agree to buy a personal plate they have have there on design put on the plate. This for clubs and organzations and such. They do watch for improper words that could offend other people.

·
Registered
940 Posts
This seems odd.. why don't we have 52 SLKLUV 's by now? Surely its a very desirable license plate name. I guess technically we could have more then 52 if other countries decided to join in the awesomeness.

On topic, looks good :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.