Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did another car show today, Crusin For Children, it's a benefit for the Buckeye Boys Ranch, it's associated with MRDD and a few other things. Very big local show, it drew cars from all over the region. Probably 300+ cars and the Dawg did well again. It says favorite, but it was a top 25. Lost to a Datsun Pickup for top import, I never saw it but I'm guessing it was a highly modified vehicle. I think it was probably already predetermined, but that's the way it goes sometimes and it was for a good cause. The Dawg is 7 for 10 in shows this year, so it's hard to complain. A number of people tried to tell me to pull the car out of the regular show to put it in the Pro Judging part of the competition, I should have done that.

Strange thing, a couple who were infatuated with the Dawg, tried to buy it from me right at the show, significantly over book. I gave him a high price and they didn't even bat an eye at it. They were thinking $35K to $45K so when I told them a thought, they were really interested then. They pressed me to take their number so I did. Nice people, I told them I'd think about it. It would be a way to get into a SLK55. Anyway, it made me think, why am I so attached to the Dawg after having so many cars. I guess it's because of all the shows and the time I spent caring and prep'ing the car and the time I spend with it and talking to people. When you do the show circuit, you spend a lot more time with and looking at it than normal than if you're just driving it for short periods of time. I had several people yell at me and point at the car while driving telling me how beautiful it is. One young lady today even leaned out of her SUV at a light as we were making a turn to yell that too me. That told me it was going to be a really good day. Never bought it with consideration of really showing it or for the attention, I guess that's just a side benefit. I bought it for pleasure of driving a really special car.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,102 Posts
Another great win!!! Get that 55! and then win some more awards! But take the SmartTop with you! Did you demonstrate it?

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, yeah I showed it off a lot (couldn't resist the dig could you!). It's funny, while the allure of a 55 is great, but this car is really something special, it draws lots of people who really look it over and asks a lot of questions. It draws crowds of people that the other cars can't match. MB should pay me for the pub I get them. The engine in this car just purrs and mated with that 6 speed manual, just provides some really indescribable moments in driving. It sounds goofy, but some rides just seem magical. It just provides some really special driving moments. The 55 sounds great, but the 350 with a 6 speed is special.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,267 Posts
The Dawg is beautiful and the chrome wheels just set it off...Congrats on another win!

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
900 Posts
Congratulations and well deserved kudos.

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I feel fortunate, 17 trophies and plaques in less than 2 seasons. I've seen a lot of really great cars go home empty handed, I feel truly blessed! :bling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts