Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a relatively small area population-wise, so there really aren't enough cars around for marque specific clubs. Recently found out about a group that does weekend cruises around the local area and hooked up with them to see what they're all about. Mostly Miata and older British roadster owners with a mixture of other models, but a great bunch of people who enjoy cars and driving, and they make everyone welcome! The weather today was grey and misty, so not a big turn out, but a core group of die-hards *L*. Met up early in the a.m., spent a couple hours cruising the local backroads and communities then a nice lunch at a small seaside cafe before heading our separate ways again. They have a couple overnight tours coming up later this summer, and I hope to be able to tag along again for sure.

A few pics (as always *L*)....

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! Didn't realize there was another Nfld'er on here! Whereabouts you located? Saw a silver 280 on the showroom floor at Woodfords about a months ago when I was in for an oil change, yours maybe?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Looks like everyone had a good time irregardless of the make or model.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For sure Eddy, and in the end that's what counts! :)

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Interesting concept. Nice collection of cars, some vintage. No shortage of verts for a cold climate area.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Bill,
Nice pics and nice cars, car people are car people no matter the brand!:tu:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Very good Bill. Thanks for sharing; it really does seem like fun to meet up with others who share a similar passion for their vehicles.

In a way, I like how there's a wider variety of cars. It gives everyone a chance to kind of 'step outside the box' if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:tu:Interesting concept. Nice collection of cars, some vintage. No shortage of verts for a cold climate area.
The Airscarf got a lot of attetion for sure LOL!

Bill,
Nice pics and nice cars, car people are car people no matter the brand!:tu:
Amen brother! :tu:

Very good Bill. Thanks for sharing; it really does seem like fun to meet up with others who share a similar passion for their vehicles.

In a way, I like how there's a wider variety of cars. It gives everyone a chance to kind of 'step outside the box' if you know what I mean.
Exactly Mike, brand fanaticism and egos are left at home...R)

P.S. some more pics at:

http://flickr.com/photos/natnadphotos/sets/72157605876990222/

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Bill you live in a very nice coastal area, I really like the pictures that you shared with us. The SLK is the gem from out of all of the cars surrounding it.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Beautiful pictures. Looks like a great deal of fun. I think I spotted an MG or two, which reminded me of the 76 Midget I had years ago. What a mechanical and electrical nightmare that was. "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness". Referring to the Lucas electrical components of that model.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bill you live in a very nice coastal area, I really like the pictures that you shared with us. The SLK is the gem from out of all of the cars surrounding it.
Unfortunately it's also a very wet coastal area lately Mohammed *L*.

Beautiful pictures. Looks like a great deal of fun. I think I spotted an MG or two, which reminded me of the 76 Midget I had years ago. What a mechanical and electrical nightmare that was. "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness". Referring to the Lucas electrical components of that model.
There are a few MG's, Triumph's, even Austin-Healeys, around here and their owners are a pretty hard core bunch - see them around quite a bit! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whereabouts you located? Saw a silver 280 on the showroom floor at Woodfords about a months ago when I was in for an oil change, yours maybe?
Hi Bill! I'm in Clarenville. That 280 you saw was almost certainly mine - I've only had it for a few weeks, and I was told it was the last 2008 model they had.

Steve

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Cool! Maybe we'll meet up sometime the summer - I hope to get out to Clarenville next race weekend to get in some more runs at the strip. Fargin' weather has rained me out twice now...

P.S. Here's the schedule for the remainder of this year for the roadster club cruises. Hopefully you can make it in to one or two! (group site is at http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/craig.fowler/sports_car_tours.htm )

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Mike, I just like cars and car nuts, not attitudes *L*.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
In the first photo, I was thinking the red car was a Triumph due to the bumper. I have not seen a MGB with that front end in SoCal :Beer: . But then, MGB's haven't been imported since the mid seventies.
Weird thing is the Rubber front bumper was designed(?!!) for the US market and specifically for Californian regs at that time - ruined a nice looking car imvho.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts