Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with cruise control not working out of certain speeds? My cruise works fine if I am going 40-50mph, but anything above that and the it stops. If I am going say, 60 mph, and i click the cc stalk up to set, I can feel it lurch slightly as if it started to engage but immediately released the throttle...looks like there are varying problems with cruise, but I have yet to perform a search and find a post about cruise only working between certain speeds...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any chance you have replaced your tires recently? I had the same problem a few months back immediately after buying new tires. Turns out the dealer ordered the wrong size for the rears, 55R instead of the required 50R, and that makes a big difference to the speed sensor.

I think I found this note on a previous thread at the time: The radius difference between the front and rear tires must be within 3%. If it’s not, this will make the sensors disengage the cruise control above 45 mph, so your cruise control will not work. You must match the tire specs exactly.

--Randy

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOW....totally awesome to know. It's been about a year since I last got my tires, but it's also been about a year since I last tried to use my CC...that's probably it then. I'll have to double check the size on my tires...but good to know everything is working properly then. I just need new tires...and these are still practically new...less than 5k on them. You're my hero westrava!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.