Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having our next event on November 22 in North Myrtle Beach with a cruise just over the line to lunch in NC. Come and join us or at least contact me so I can put you on our mailing list for future events.

Shoot me a note at [email protected] if interested or if you want to be on our mailing list for future events.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still room for more to join us. Let me know by Wednesday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a note to say thanks to Len for setting this up. We had a great time. Enjoyed meeting everyone and will certainly be up for the next one.

After the meet we had a great drive up to Kingston, NC to meet our daughter at the "Boiler Room". Greatly recommended if you're in that area. Then on to Greenville, NC all on the back roads.

And a couple of footnotes.

In case anyone cares.... As we motored up Rt 17 on the right about 1/2 way between where we turned on and Rt 211, there was a black or dark blue SLK out in a yard with a for sale sign on it. Don't know what model but it had the "sloped nose".

On the way back from Greenville, NC this AM about 40 miles out of Columbia on I20 (70 MPH) we ran into some very heavy rain. As I pulled out to pass the car bucked and the check engine light came on. Had to slow way down as it felt as if the engine was running on 3 cyl.
Wanted to pull into a rest area and restart to see it it would clear but "she who must be obeyed" said no. Turns out when we did restart after making it home, everything cleared. Seems to be fine. I'm hoping we didn't hurt anything running that far in limp mode.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Sorry to hear the problem on the return trip. Guess a trip to the dealer to check it out. They should read the code for the CEL.

We enjoyed meeting you Anne on Saturday. See you again in the spring for our next meet. Maybe you will have a Smart top by then.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Light turnout, but here are a few photos.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts