Mercedes SLK World banner

Should there be a place here for Crossfire owners?

• Yes, There should be a section for Crossfires

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes, Crossfires could be included as a sub section of R170 (For example)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No, There are other more suitable forums already.

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per my earlier thread....

As the Chrylser Crossfire is mostly an R170 in disguise should there be a section here for Crossfire owners. Maybe a sub-section in the R170 area.

So just thought I'd ask the question..

Cheers!

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Can't see that it would hurt. Would be a service to our R170 members and Crossfire owners via increased activity and crossfeed for the R170 section. Can't see the harm and if we get a couple of paid supporting members, that's good for SLKWorld.com. This is a information site.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I'm all for helping the r170 owners. If it helps them, I'd be for it. But I'm not sure if we really need a separate section. Anyone can join, after all...

·
Registered
14 Posts
As a member that owns a Crossfire, I voted no.

Reasons:
~As Tslick already stated, Crossfireforum.org is a good site already.
~Pretty much anyone who comes here with a Crossfire already knows it's a r170.
~It seems a little redundant. Might as well start a sub-section for Black cars, blue, red, etc.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a member that owns a Crossfire, I voted no.

Reasons:
~As Tslick already stated, Crossfireforum.org is a good site already.
~Pretty much anyone who comes here with a Crossfire already knows it's a r170.
~It seems a little redundant. Might as well start a sub-section for Black cars, blue, red, etc.
Fair enough, but I think your third point is a bit harsh.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mean for it to seem harsh.

I just wanted to point out that no further sub-division should be needed. It's still just a r170 chassis car. I just see that there's no division between the SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320, and the SLK32 AMG, why should the Crossfire get a special section of SLKWorld?

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I can't say that I have strong feelings either way.

It just occured to me that there might be an interest in a Crossfire area/sub-section, seeing as how they are a relative of the R170 and that there might be some opportunities for owners of each to share knowledge and experiences.

I'm not advocating for or against a Crossfire section. Merely asking for opinion and offering folks that may have an interest either way the chance to say so. I genuinely don't have an axe to grind either way.

Cheers!

·
Registered
496 Posts
In my opinion, the existing crossfire forum is well run [in fact I'm a member of it also]. If I desire information from there, I can log in and get it. As such, I don't believe in the necessity of a sub-section for Crossfires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.