Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I know there have been posts about this but I could not see the solution. My seats are getting very creaky. It seems to be the contact between the leather and the magnesium backing. I have applied leather cleaner to the area but no luck. Only thing that works appears to be stuffing a towel in the contact area . Anyone have a more elegant solution?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine does that when I try to adjust it too far back. I just reach down and give the seat back button the slightest tap forward so that it is moved a little off whatever it is against. The movement is too little to make any difference in comfort.

Where is the magnesium backing? I didn't know there was any Mg in the car.

·
Registered 2007 SLK280
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The silver seat back is claimed to be magnesium. From the brochure

Before we designed the SLK-Class interior to fit a wide range of physiques, we had to find room for something even
more important — your imagination. Sit in an SLK Roadster and you’ll feel excitement before you even turn the key.
The speedometer and tachometer are set in aggressively angled tubes that add style while helping reduce glare.
Since sporty driving is a priority, the 3-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel puts numerous controls at your
fingertips. Thick and leather-wrapped, the wheel would look at home in a Formula 1 racecar. For a custom-fit driving
position, adjust the 4-way steering column and 8-way sport seats with full-leather upholstery and Silver-painted magnesium
frames, chosen for both their light weight and their heavy-duty strength. Now drop your right hand and find the short-throw
shifter exactly where you want it. You may wonder how we could make the SLK feel so perfect for you without ever meeting
you. But we already had a vision of the ideal sports car, so imagining the true sports-car driver just came naturally.
100%
Pure
Sports Car.
SLK

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
The silver seat back is claimed to be magnesium. From the brochure

Before we designed the SLK-Class interior to fit a wide range of physiques, we had to find room for something even
more important — your imagination. Sit in an SLK Roadster and you’ll feel excitement before you even turn the key.
The speedometer and tachometer are set in aggressively angled tubes that add style while helping reduce glare.
Since sporty driving is a priority, the 3-spoke multifunction sport steering wheel puts numerous controls at your
fingertips. Thick and leather-wrapped, the wheel would look at home in a Formula 1 racecar. For a custom-fit driving
position, adjust the 4-way steering column and 8-way sport seats with full-leather upholstery and Silver-painted magnesium
frames, chosen for both their light weight and their heavy-duty strength. Now drop your right hand and find the short-throw
shifter exactly where you want it. You may wonder how we could make the SLK feel so perfect for you without ever meeting
you. But we already had a vision of the ideal sports car, so imagining the true sports-car driver just came naturally.
100%
Pure
Sports Car.
SLK
B*** S*** always baffles brains !

·
Registered
16 Posts
+1 on the B*** S***!

If the seats really have magnesium frames, you guys with the seat heaters getting overheated might want to invest in some asbestos jockey shorts. Mg burns with great enthusiasm. Yeah, it's strong and very light, but once it starts to burn it is very difficult to extinguish and burns extremely hot. If it starts to burn, jump out and run!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.