Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The car I have purchased was left in dry storage for 6 months.:|

The car is creaking underneath and it is the bushes that need lubricating, are any suggestions on the best thing to use?

Thanks

Niaz

·
Super Moderator
11,849 Posts
In my experience on my Civic, creaking bushings require replacement. They can do it BUT usually want to replace the entire arm, not just the bushing.

Unless you do it yourself :tu:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The links and other stuff is fine, just the rubber bushes.

The garage will do it as a quick job, as I only want to keep the car for 3 months.

Just a recommended silicone or other spray will suffice.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Hello,

The car I have purchased was left in dry storage for 6 months.:|

The car is creaking underneath and it is the bushes that need lubricating, are any suggestions on the best thing to use?

Thanks

Niaz

How many miles have you driven it so far? You might find that if you drive it several hundred miles, through some rainstorms, the creaks will disappear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done about 120 miles in just over 10 days and 70 were from when I bought the car l...so not enough driving really, can't see me doing more than 1000 miles though in 3 months. I only drive the car after work (work away from home) , as I have the main family car at the weekend

There is a local garage who can do this work, just wanted to know if anyone else has done this and if there was something recommended.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts