Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHHHYYY :(
Why is there so much dust inside my SLK350 after driving top down??? I clean my interior once every one to two weeks and drive top down approximately 1/2 the time. I don't drive the SLK too much, but gosh darnit, when I take a damp microfiber to the rubber seals, the seats, the dash, and especially the windscreen, my towels become stained black! I'm not even willing to clean the mechanism under the trunk where so much dust accumulates via the open air ducts around the rear windows. I cleaned the rubber seals at the top of the front windshield and around the windshield and I had to throw my towels away. There is dust between every window and rubber molding and plastic panel in the car, especially on the rear shelf behind the roll bars and windscreen. I'm afraid I might over-clean the rubber and dry it out, but I can't just let it get so dirty! All I use is a damp towel, some 303 (occasionally, but I hate how it gets everywhere and then stains the MBTex shiny), or a damp towel with ONR on the rubber.

How often do you clean the interior of your SLK?

Do you care about the amount of dust that settles in cracks around the AC vents and in the armrest seams? Any tips on how to safely remove dust without harming the plastics or leather? Maybe it's just my black interior...

I want to know your experiences with keeping the inside of your SLK showroom perfect...or not lol

TIA

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,876 Posts
Moving your post to the caring for your slk section where most of your concerns have answers

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Not sure if you are using a solid wind breaker like the oem unit. It pretty much eliminates the rolling turbulence back into the cockpit area. This could very well be the problem.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
You live in LA, moved to Colorado with the clean air and you will not have this problem. lol

Mine is never that dusty or dirty, I wipe it down with a damp microfiber cloth once a week when I washed my car. Maybe try blowing the dust out with a leaf blower on slow speed. I never have to do that but sounds like it might work. I used the leaf blower to blow out all the dust in the engine bay and it works great.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
How about using a wet-n-dry vac first with the appropriate attachments (they sell the attachments that one uses to vaccum computer keyboard, etc)? Then wipe down w damp microfiber cloth (preferably black, then the sight won't upset you as much). I will lubricate the seals about 2x/year (using Krytox, available on-line from Amazon).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts