Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing my Crankshaft position sensor today. When I pulled it out it had oil on one side of it. Is this normal?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard the question. Upon further inspection of area, it became obvious that oil leaking from engine above pooled in the area.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,758 Posts
If you haven't already , you should look into getting the special cable installed to avoid the chance of oil from the CPS into the electrical system , which can cause numerous problems up to the need to change the ECU which could run into the thousands !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you explain about the "special cable"? Other than adding an "o" ring at the top of the sensor, I am not sure what else you could do. However, since you brought it up, it must be a somewhat common problem? Thanks for the input.

·
10,758 Posts
There was a post recently about a campaign for installing them . It's a solid cable that doesn't let the oil pass through a capillary action to the electrical system . It's a short cable that fits between your original one and the CPS connector .
The reference number is A 2711502733.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Curro,
Looks like this is for the SLK200 / SLK230.

"Mercedes Benz A 2711502733 Wiring Harness for Camshaft Adjuster
Mercedes Part Number: 2711502733 / A2711502733 / 271-150-27-33
Chassis Application(s): M111 Engine, M271 Engine"

Do you know if this is indeed applicable to our V6 engines?

Thanks!

·
10,758 Posts
Couldn't say 100% , you could inquire at your local dealer , but if your connector looks like this , I'd put it on , just in case !

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Can you explain about the "special cable"? Other than adding an "o" ring at the top of the sensor, I am not sure what else you could do. However, since you brought it up, it must be a somewhat common problem? Thanks for the input.
Crankshaft postion sensor does not have any wire harness recall, the recall is for the camshaft solinoid or camshaft postion sensor.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
and that campaign was only for the SLK230's not the SLK320's.

Where is the crankshaft position sensor on the SLK320's? Any photos?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Crankshaft postion sensor does not have any wire harness recall, the recall is for the camshaft solinoid or camshaft postion sensor.
There was an update for the recall. They no longer replace the camshaft solenoid, only install additional wiring harness. Which is really stupid... That's what my local dealership did. They quoted me $175 to replace that sensor upon which I said: "No thank you!" I did it myself. Easy job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.