Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some R172 55 AMG videos

This thread is a repository for videos taken with various camera set-ups.

GoPro + Zoom H1 audio videos:

here's a video of the car accelerating from a dead stop, transmission in sport auto and traction control in sport. roof closed (compare to video in Prestigio section below, where traction control - ESP - is in standard mode):

this one isn't really a video, it's a Ken Burns-ified photo with audio of the car being revved:

Here's one that shows a bit more of the driving experience vs just straight line. roof open for this one:

Here are a couple of videos with the flaps modified to be permanently open as per this thread: http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r172/114961-55-exhaust-flaps.html

- - -

GoPro with Built in Mic + Rycote Micro Windjammer

Videos taken on the B4569 in Powys. Car in Sport Auto using range limiting, ESP in Sport. Top down.

- - -

Prestigio Roadrunner 300 dashcam videos:

I was out in the car today enjoying some relatively quiet, fast, welsh B roads. I had a prestigio roadrunner 300 dash cam going and captured a short run following a bike. Didn't have the cam set to capture audio, so I've added Sky by Sonique as an audio track in homage to an old favourite e46 m3 Carfreaks nurburgring video.

Acceleration - Sport Auto / ESP in Standard - roof closed. Shot when I was still using a single Tetrax to mount the camera hence the shake. Audio is from Zoom H1.

·
MOD MAN
1,075 Posts
Nice..Felt like being behind the wheel

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One other thing, I've been trying all kinds of ways of mounting the zoom h1 in the car in a way where it's not constantly picking up rubbing sounds etc. In the end I used a car sponge with a hole poked in it and compressed that into the centre cubby. Worked like a charm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi R-bloke

Its always makes me smile how fast 30mph looks like on a video clip ;) .
I also like the double over take , I like to see the faces in my rear view mirror to see if they are pointing or just get me the bird :D . the pickup on these 55 's at 30/40mph when you want to overtake is one of my favourite things with this engine.

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,652 Posts
Any comments from our 'merican friends on driving a performance car on roads equivalent to the average driveway over there? :) :)

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
glad you like them. I've always enjoyed this type of in-car video when I've been waiting to get a new car myself.

Even now I've a bunch of slk videos I watch regularly eg the getawayers review/sound videos and the one somebody did at the nurburgring. (see here for the links http://www.slkworld.com/546625-post15.html )

·
Registered
30 Posts
glad you like them. I've always enjoyed this type of in-car video when I've been waiting to get a new car myself.

Even now I've a bunch of slk videos I watch regularly eg the getawayers review/sound videos and the one somebody did at the nurburgring. (see here for the links http://www.slkworld.com/546625-post15.html )
Yeah I watch those videos over and over again at the minute but they still don't capture the sound as well as you have. So yours will be added to the list definitely. They are great through headphones.

I've got a GoPro too so when mine arrives I will do some videos. I need to get an external mic set up like yours though.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want to hear the audio in the highest quality, the "sound files" link in my sig is the original 24 bit/48kHz lossless wav files from the h1.

I'm very happy with the gopro+zoom h1 combo - especially with the way I use the tetrax to mount the gopro. for top down recording, a foam windscreen + furry is essential for the h1.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a couple of videos I posted in the Wales/Marches run thread. These were taken on the B4569 in Powys.

Naked GoPro Hero HD + built in mic with Rycote Micro Windjammer - Top Down

I've added these to the opening post too, to keep things tidy as I link to this thread in my sig.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts