Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any problems after Kleemann S/C install? I going to install this system on my R171 SLK55. Could anyone give me some suggestion ?:tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
There were a couple of guys on here that had it and they loved it. They no longer owned the car and I don't see the current owners posting about it so they are probably not forum members. Since you are in California, it's not that expensive to ship or drive it to Kleemann in Colorado Springs. The most important thing about superchargers and turbochargers are the installation. I would spend a little more and get the right people to install it. Who better to have it installed than the guys who made it. Good luck, I am sure you'll love it too.

My brother drove all the way to Miami to have his turbocharger installed for his M3. When you are that type of money, you want it right the first time.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Maybe PM PropDr.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
Ferrari, do this to get your post count up in order to pm:

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

Also, Propdr has not been on for a month or so.

·
Registered
101 Posts
See that you are in California...these units are not CARB certified so they will not pass the visual when you need to get a smog certificate. Not an issue if you are planning to move soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have you checked any alternatives?

Do you have any problems after Kleemann S/C install? I going to install this system on my R171 SLK55. Could anyone give me some suggestion ?:tu:
I've looked into it, as well. However, I kept coming back to Renntech... Among other things, they're American (Floridian, not Danish), have a greater parts inventory (quicker when ordering, and after those "uh-oh!" moments), and can offer more horsepower (485hp vs. 417hp)...

I've known people w/ Kleemann & Renntech upgrades (sometimes BOTH), and they're universally loved. Of course, it's best when the 'manufacturers' install your items... So, I'd recommend that - whomever you choose - ship/drive the car (it'll be well worth it).

I've also looked into twin-turbocharging (a la newer Benzes), and it's an interesting prospect... Good luck! :burnout:

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I've looked into it, as well. However, I kept coming back to Renntech... Among other things, they're American (Floridian, not Danish), have a greater parts inventory (quicker when ordering, and after those "uh-oh!" moments), and can offer more horsepower (485hp vs. 417hp)...

I've known people w/ Kleemann & Renntech upgrades (sometimes BOTH), and they're universally loved. Of course, it's best when the 'manufacturers' install your items... So, I'd recommend that - whomever you choose - ship/drive the car (it'll be well worth it).

I've also looked into twin-turbocharging (a la newer Benzes), and it's an interesting prospect... Good luck! :burnout:
I've dealt with Kleemann before. Their USA HQ is in Colorado. They've been helpful when I needed it. I see high prices on Renntech's site and a bunch of products that they do not make or do not interest me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts