Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your impression of the guy who drives a late model Vette? I've met a few recently and I'm not thrilled.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Nice cars, passionate owners, great owner groups. Fifty seven years strong. I'm a former Corvette owner with no desire for another. I always look when I see one on the road.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The new Corvettes are a lot of car for the money. The car mags always rate them very high. The ZO6 is Super Car status for 1/3 of the price of the exotics and the vettes are usually faster to! If not, then there is always the ZR1 that'll stay with the McClaren!! Ouch

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was hoping more for a woman's view. Anyway, I think I might've been off by asking that. Though I would like to drive a ZO6.

·
Registered
539 Posts
OK...So I'm in touch with my feminine side! One of my close friends however is a female Dr. She has a convertable C6 and loves it. She refuses to drive the ZO6 though. Once you drive one you want one!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've owned 5 corvettes. Most corvette guys love their cars but in the back of their mind they always wish they could afford a high end Mercedes/Porsche... I know I did until I could actually afford one. The extra quality is worth it over the chevy. Corvettes (C6's) are great cars in their price range but if you can afford the quality... I know I'm not looking back.:tu:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Great cars.. for the money. I have a C5 Z06 and it's blistering fast. Relatively inexpensive to maintain and mod. Fit / Finish is acceptable if you're not looking for a Mercedes quality car. You're also not paying for a MBz.
I have owned several different vettes over the years, along with Porsche's, and met people from all the different groups/clubs. There are a-holes in every bunch.. but mostly nice people that just enjoy their cars.

Anytime anyone wants to take a rip through a canyon, just let me know. Please bring your own diapers and have your insurance current. :rb

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's your impression of the guy who drives a late model Vette? I've met a few recently and I'm not thrilled.
I guess you wouldn't be thrilled with the guy who drives an SLK either since I drive a 06 SLK 350, a 02 Corvette Z06, and a 95 Corvette LT1. Seriously, what did you not like about them?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got a 78 Vette. Love it. But it was my dad's first car and he's the only owner. my parents were also high school sweethearts so my mom was with him when he picked it up. so it has a lot of family sentimental value

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess you wouldn't be thrilled with the guy who drives an SLK either since I drive a 06 SLK 350, a 02 Corvette Z06, and a 95 Corvette LT1. Seriously, what did you not like about them?
On the contrary, I've met a few very nice guys in SLKs.

I'm going to from commenting any further, as I was hoping to hear from other women :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a lady and have owned 11 Vettes and 5 Mercedes. Loved the 93 ZR-1 and the 72 454 and the 72 LT-1. Quite the machines. However, they are entirely different cars. Nothing like the SL 500 for fit and finish. However, the Corvettes are a lot cheaper to have serviced. Corvette people are obsessed with their cars. Always cleaning a polishing them, and they don't seem to take any pleasure in driving them. They are afraid to drive them in the rain. Love my Mercedes. I won't buy another Corvette.R)

·
Registered
579 Posts
From the late C4s forward Corvettes are fine automobiles and exceptional values. The only think I do not like about them is the physical size. They are too large especially width wise) for my personal taste.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)I know we're getting away from the original post, but...

Corvette people are obsessed with their cars. Always cleaning a polishing them, and they don't seem to take any pleasure in driving them. They are afraid to drive them in the rain. Love my Mercedes.
:)I'm guilty of some of that with my SLK 55. I do take pleasure in it, but like to keep it looking good, and yes, no rain.

I won't buy another Corvette.
:)I had one. I really like the C6, but don't see another in my future.

From the late C4s forward Corvettes are fine automobiles and exceptional values. The only think I do not like about them is the physical size. They are too large especially width wise) for my personal taste.
:)I agree, too large. I really like the size of the SLK (171).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have owned a C5 and two C6s. At their price point they are good cars.
As to Vette owners the club I still belong to (without owning a Vette) is a group of great men and women. I am welcome even vetless. No one asked but I found Porsche & BMW club members to be off par with Vette owners. Nough said.

·
Registered
53 Posts
vettes look pretty awesome. I definitely look when they pass by. I just think it's a bit too american as in interior. It would be nice to be pushing 400hp with 400 ish torque. Massive power! haha.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Former Vette owner. Good looking car but fit and finish not highly rated. It was good while it was new then later full of squick and rattle. Worst of all chevy service soooo bad after spending over 60K they treat you just the same as you bought a cobalt.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.