One stop taillight out
White smoke coming from it on acceleration

Turn volume up of course

He is in right lane of dual left turn lane at 35 seconds

You can hear his crappy exhaust at 1:47

Hee hee....just for me!

He was show off before I showed up now just a dejected corvette owner:D

I let him catch me at a light at the end to let him know about his stop light
Waiting for him to challenge me but he never did but I was ready.

Bright sun heading east
On to another challenger! :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
And I was worried about showing a beer in my cup holder in the garage! Have you actually timed your 0-60 yet? Curious where you fall.

Baja-D

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope....no one will ride with me :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Corvettes too.

Is nothing like a tail wag on a hard shift but need a stick & posi to do that. White smoke on accel is usually a popped head gasket (or water injection).

My corvette daze followed my Jag cure. Had five or six at one point, none now. Nothing even with a SBC any more, only V8 is a Pontiac.

I too have had corvettes, a C4, C5 and very recently a C6. Really did not pay much attention to the SLK55's much less even bother to try to race one. After retiring last year we had to get down to two cars. Problem with the Corvette was that it made me feel 19 again but I also was driving like I was 19 again so it's gone. :frown:a-D

Had a Harley phase too but the gang was a ride to drink, drink to ride club and it's a wonder we made it out alive.

Baja-D

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and.....back to my thread......:D

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,952 Posts
Nope....no one will ride with me :D
I would ride with you except for the illegal lane change (2:24) in the middle of the intersection!

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I signaled...you mean the car in front of me that cut me off without signalling?

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK Mr. Fast and Furious....watch the "Paul Walker Fatal Crash" documentary currently on Reelz TV. 1 hour of very interesting technical stuff you might like.

Baja-D

·
93,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK Mr. Fast and Furious....watch the "Paul Walker Fatal Crash" documentary currently on Reelz TV. 1 hour of very interesting technical stuff you might like.

Baja-D
I have only watched the 1st F&F. the rest are just car commercials and improbable

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not about the movies...

I have only watched the 1st F&F. the rest are just car commercials and improbable
This is a technical analysis of different possible scenarios that could have caused the crash and cool information about the car itself. :nerd:

Baja-D

·
Registered
164 Posts
C6 vs SLK55

A stock SLK55 seems to be a good match for the stock C6 in convertible trim. I raced one twice in a charity 1/8mi drag event. Beat him by about 4 lengths both times. On the 2nd run, I even delayed my launch a little to make sure he got off the line with me. On paper he has more power and is a little lighter. Could be a bad driver but he did not seem to be a NOOB. Against the supercharged beast, it should be no contest as long as traction is adequate.

Irish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts