Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago my wifes mother had heart attack. She lives 4 hours away in Shreveport, LA. I called wife at work to tell her and she said I'm coming home be ready to go. So off we go 10 at night with wife still in her scrubbs. I'm not one to speed much. Wife kept telling ... come on jack ... STEP ON IT.

As luck would have not long after I kicked it up to 90 ... the bubblegum machine appeared in the rear view. It was Texas HWP so I was sure a ticket was in the stars. Anyway ... got out with license/insurance in hand. We stepped to rear of car and he asked why the hurry? I told him.

About that time wife popped up and in her best voice asked ... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM! Give him the ticket so we can get down the road. He told her to get back in the car!

That's when a miracle happened. He handed me my license/insurance and said please just slow it down.

I'm not going to give you a ticket ... Don't want you to have to listen to that **** all the way to Shreveport. :burnout:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
My brother went to visit his fiancee in his brand new 74 Charger. Coming back through a known speed trap area and got nabbed.
Officer says, "you were doing 70mph in a 50 zone." My brother responds,"can't be. It's brand new and the book says to break it in at no more than 60 for the first 500 miles." Cop looks in and sure enough it's got less than 200 miles on the odo.

My brother says, "I wonder if it's reading wrong..here's my licence - I'll go down the road and come back at 50...maybe I was going too fast. You can clock me." Cop agrees.

Off he goes down the road, turns around and comes back at 75mph. Cop says, "Geez I had you at 75 that time! Just go with the traffic and get it fixed!!"

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
My brother went to visit his fiancee in his brand new 74 Charger. Coming back through a known speed trap area and got nabbed.
Officer says, "you were doing 70mph in a 50 zone." My brother responds,"can't be. It's brand new and the book says to break it in at no more than 60 for the first 500 miles." Cop looks in and sure enough it's got less than 200 miles on the odo.

My brother says, "I wonder if it's reading wrong..here's my licence - I'll go down the road and come back at 50...maybe I was going too fast. You can clock me." Cop agrees.

Off he goes down the road, turns around and comes back at 75mph. Cop says, "Geez I had you at 75 that time! Just go with the traffic and get it fixed!!"
Hmmm....guess that would only happen 40 years ago (new Charger?) or in Canada. I tried that one too, but ended up with a speeding ticket AND a 'fixit' ticket.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
LOL - the run from Shreveport to Lafayette is "ticket alley" in Louisiana - gotta help the north stay funded I guess. I've driven that route many a time with the radar detector almost constantly on.

Worse, I was actually pulled over for 58 in a 55 by a local sheriff - and he wrote it up. Fortunately, I had to go back through a week later, had a cup of coffee with a local lawyer who said - "all they want is the money. Give me five minutes, and we'll have it "reduced" to a parking ticket". Gotta love the Banana Republic! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts