Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just called me and said she saw a woman in a copper 170 behind her heading south on the B40 through Hohenecken. :tu:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do believe there's on other in town???
It DID have "KL" plates.

So its not only you sporting the exclusive Designo range of exterior metallic palettes.
No, there are a handful. Only 26 U.S. speced and even fewer Euro speced. I'm going to assume the one I (my wife) saw was Euro spec.

I also drive a copper coloured designo. so that makes at least five from the others that i have seen on the road and heard about in the forums
Welcome to SLKWorld snowboardguy989!!!

I see you have a 320. That's probably even rarer than the 230 designo copper!! I was curious about whether or not MB did the designo copper on the 320. I'm also wondering if they offered the 32 with the same option.

Please post some picks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My daughter called me from college the other day and said "dad, big problem, real big problem". I'm thinking issues with the car, next year's classes, her moving into a condo for next semester, etc... No, the problem was one of her friends mentioned they had seen another copper colored SLK that looked like hers in Myrtle Beach. She for some reason feels the need to have a unique car. When we had the blue Audi TT she was upset when she had seen another one in our area of New York. Can we say "spoiled"?

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
I drive a copper in Houston. I saw another one here in houston about a year ago.

A dealer here in Houston had a ragged out, high mileage copper designo for sell and said it was sold to a lady in Atlanta so there must be one in Atlanta too!

They really are rare!

I had seen a SLK320 copper Designo for sell just after I bought mine about 2 years ago. I think the 320 models are even harder to find.

Wish there was a way to get production numbers from MB on the Limited Edition Copper Designo packages produced and shipped to the USA.

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
127 Posts
SLKman,

Here's what I got from MB a while ago. I only asked about year 2000 copper designo SLK230's.

We appreciate your patience while we researched your inquiry.

There were 30 2000 SLK230 designo copper edition vehicles sold in the US.

If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to e-mail us again
or call us at 1-800-FOR-MERCedes (1-800-367-6372).

Sincerely,

Elizabeth W.
Consumer Promotions
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My daughter called me from college the other day and said "dad, big problem, real big problem". I'm thinking issues with the car, next year's classes, her moving into a condo for next semester, etc... No, the problem was one of her friends mentioned they had seen another copper colored SLK that looked like hers in Myrtle Beach. She for some reason feels the need to have a unique car. When we had the blue Audi TT she was upset when she had seen another one in our area of New York. Can we say "spoiled"?
Thats why they're called "Daddy's Girl", I have on thats 27 and still get's what she wants... What's a Dad to do...

·
Registered
127 Posts
KTownAMG hopefully it won't last until she's 27 but who knows. I tell her she's spoiled and she she agrees with me. However, she said it's my fault as I'm the one who did it to her. She does have a point.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I can tell, MB only did the designo copper in model year 2000. I've only ever seen '00s. I could be wrong...certainly wouldn't be the 1st time...CERTAINLY won't be the last!

snowboard...what year is yours?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2001 SLK 320.. It was my moms 15 year anniversary present from my father. Luckily I have been successful enough in school that they deemed me worthy of it. I am a freshman at college and my university doesn't let the freshman have cars so this year has been absolutely painful without it. But I am going home tomorrow and hopefully I can convince my parents to let me bring it up for the last few weeks. I will take a few pics of it while i'm up here

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
I have a 2001 SLK 320.. It was my moms 15 year anniversary present from my father. Luckily I have been successful enough in school that they deemed me worthy of it. I am a freshman at college and my university doesn't let the freshman have cars so this year has been absolutely painful without it. But I am going home tomorrow and hopefully I can convince my parents to let me bring it up for the last few weeks. I will take a few pics of it while i'm up here
Congratulations, I hope the car has sentimental value to you since its passed from your parents.

·
Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,092 Posts
Yeah, I thought the SLK320 Copper Designo's were 2001 models. I have only seen 1 for sale on the internet and none in person. I believe the SLK320 to be even more rare than the SLK230 2000 models.

You have a real Jewel there! Take care of it.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of it.:rb

SLKman:tu:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So since MB did the 320 in designo copper for 2001, then theoretically there could be a designo copper AMG...right? That might be the only thing I let my 230 go for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife just called me and said she saw a woman in a copper 170 behind her heading south on the B40 through Hohenecken. :tu:

Hi Kevin,

Your wife spotted me R)

When I got the car (at the end of April) I thought, I would be the only one in K-town with this extraordinary color. One day before I picked it up from the dealer my neighbour called me and asked if I already got the car, as she had spotted a copper in town....that must have been you :D

Nic

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
So since MB did the 320 in designo copper for 2001, then theoretically there could be a designo copper AMG...right? That might be the only thing I let my 230 go for.
We might have seen one yesterday. There was what I called a "light bronze" SLK32 on Pleasant Hill road near our house. I was getting on the Interstate while it went straight so I couldn't follow it. I'm not familiar with the 170 colors and have not seen a copper in person but it looked close to you guys' pics.

Update: After future research it couldn't have been a copper, SLK32 wasn't introduced until 2002. From looking at colors on the web was probably a 2002/03 in designo Silver metallic, maybe.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Your wife spotted me R)

When I got the car (at the end of April) I thought, I would be the only one in K-town with this extraordinary color. One day before I picked it up from the dealer my neighbour called me and asked if I already got the car, as she had spotted a copper in town....that must have been you :D

Nic
What a small world after all, welcome to the best SLK forum out there.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Nic! Glad you made it to the forum!

I see by your avatar you have the facelifted 2000. That's great! I plan to do that to mine next summer.

It's been cool chatting with you! Happy motoring! See you around town! :tu:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts