Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I seek anyone support and help.

My alternator took a crap a few days ago. Had it changed and car started great. Then "Coolant Visit Service Center" came on immediately. Test drive the car and RPM reaches 2K and no power when gas pedal is press. RPM drops and power is restored on gas pedal. Drivers to 2K rpm same thing happens again. ODBII code check and nothing came up. The mechanic check his code on the Bosch ODBII and everything seems fine with temperature, etc.

I have search all the Mercedes forums and websites with no luck.

Closest I have come across is this, but no luck.

MBWorld.org Forums

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,568 Posts
The requested page was not found on your link.

·
96,568 Posts
Coolant Visit Service Center usually is a 2 fold message and usually refers to either the coolant or windshield washer fluid level so it might be a red herring on your issue

·
96,568 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved: I reflashed my ECU with the 2 tuned files in the proper order and it cleared the "Coolant Visit Service Center" and it got all the power back in the gas pedals. I drove around for 30 minutes and no issues! How funny it is to replace the alternator and needing to reflash the ECU. I believe the mechanic had removed and reinstalled some electricals and removed the coolant line when getting the alternator out. Lesson learned.

·
96,568 Posts
Great! I didn't know about your ecu tune until I read your profile info. Tough for the Doctors to diagnose without all the facts, no? :D :D

Maybe the mechanic flashed your ecu not knowing you had a Kleemann ecu tune?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now - everyone can use my solution to resolve theirs. I was so surprised that you would need to reflash the tuned ECU with this fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.