Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody :)

Again a little trouble with my '97 SLK R170 200 Kompressor - the coolant light stays on(it was like that when I bought it). Changed the coolant level sensor, no effect. I know that it is on the same circuit as the washer level sensor, but before I take apart the car I want to check if the coolant radiator fan fuse is ok. Could you please tell me where to look for it? Can't find it anywhere :( . Thanks in advance :) .

·
Founding Member 2006
108,940 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Founding Member 2006
108,940 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,940 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you :) . So I just took out the washer level sensor, used a multimeter on it and it reads values from 0 to 175. But, strangely enough, when I test the cable it shows no connection, that the circuit is opened. Checked all fuses - all are fine. Weird...

BTW, at what temperatures does the radiator fan turn on :) ?

I saw this thread, same problem(not sure about the fan, though), but I don't have that fuse box in my car(the one mentioned in the last post).

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/89193-cooling-fan-not-working.html

UPDATE:

Ok, so I turned on the AC, the fan starts blowing, no problem. So I guess it is not the fan!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.