Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm having my coolant level light come on every once in a while while driving. The coolant level in the tank is OK. Anyone had to replace this sensor?
Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had this problem before, coolant check light shows up even when the coolant is full. I changed the coolant reservoir and the coolant check light doesn't light up anymore.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi all,
I'm having my coolant level light come on every once in a while while driving. The coolant level in the tank is OK. Anyone had to replace this sensor?
Thanks,
Randy
I once had to remove the coolant tank when I was replacing my a/c condenser. On the 320 I think it's on the left side. Removal should be easy and the sensor is screwed in from the top. All I had to do is to twist it like 90 degrees counter clockwise and it came off. I gave it a good clean with the electric contact cleaner while I was there. Also I noticed I had some "stuff" at the bottom of my tank so I gave it a really good flush with my water hose =) I also put some cleaning solution, wiggled it and flushed again. The tank was clean after that :D But I've noticed that sensor doesn't come into contact with the coolant, I guess it somehow measures the clarity of the tank... So when the coolant tank is not full to the level the signal from the sensor travels further and triggers the low coolant level. At least that's my logic =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.