Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The red 2007 SLK350 that I'm looking at has a black interior and no woodgrain trim. I always preferred beige interior with woodgrain trim. Has anybody ever had an auto trim shop totally change out your interior color (and perhaps add woodgrain)? It looks like some dashboard pieces and door pieces also need changed, since they should be beige also.

If anybody has done this before and/or know where to buy entire kits, please let me know.

Thanks!
Gary

·
Founding Member 2006
108,943 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I no longer need to know this topic right now.

The dealership with the SLK that I was looking at sold it yesterday just a few hours before I was supposed to drive 170 miles each way to Nashville. This sucks since I had already spent $153 on a pre-purchase inspection! I cannot totally fault them, however, since I hadn't yet given them a deposit (they said a deposit would be non-refundable and I didn't want to do this without looking at it in person). Then again, they knew I would be coming down yesterday.

Back to the drawing board! I'm targeting $12-$13.5k for a nice low mileage (under 80-100k) SLK, probably 2006-2007 model, in red or black (maybe blue) exterior and beige interior. Does this sound like a reasonable goal?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Well, I no longer need to know this topic right now.

The dealership with the SLK that I was looking at sold it yesterday just a few hours before I was supposed to drive 170 miles each way to Nashville. This sucks since I had already spent $153 on a pre-purchase inspection! I cannot totally fault them, however, since I hadn't yet given them a deposit (they said a deposit would be non-refundable and I didn't want to do this without looking at it in person). Then again, they knew I would be coming down yesterday.

Back to the drawing board! I'm targeting $12-$13.5k for a nice low mileage (under 80-100k) SLK, probably 2006-2007 model, in red or black (maybe blue) exterior and beige interior. Does this sound like a reasonable goal?
Search the DC area, and Florida. When I got mine 5 weeks ago, There were 3 in 100 miles of me, and 7 in the DC/Philly area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.