Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

console light bulb replacement

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Erok 
#1 ·
Hi, me again...
the bulb on the right hand side of the console that backlights the heater controls on the passenger side (LHD) has burned out. does anyone know how to go about replacing that? a quick troll through Pelican doesn't show anything specific, and I infer from what I saw that you would have to take the entire center console out to get access to the area in question. If that's the fix then so be it, however I don't want to start removing my e-brake and shifter and whatnot to get the lower part of the center console out if there's some way of removing just the upper portion...
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
#7 ·
I just did this 3 days ago but I have a problem. I fan knob doesn't fully click in and I can now remove it by hand without any tools. When I first took it off, it required a little bit of strength and prying. The knob for the vents control will no longer attaches. The piece inside the dash that the knob attaches to seems to have moved backwards in the dash a little. I need to fix this before winter when I need my defrosters. Does anyone have an idea how to get the knobs back on tightly like they were before I replaced the light bulbs? I double checked and nothing broke or bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.