Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking @ an 05 SLK55 and wondering if anyone knew of any problems/issues related to this MY. If anyone had a link to a Canadian 2005 SLK e-brochure or price card it would also be appreciated.

Thx

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Yes, ppl tend to suffer from SSS (Silly Smily Syndrome), they can't seem to wipe that smile off their face, it's sad really. :D.

Seriously, the SLK55's been flawless, I've been around the forum for a long time and have not heard of any serious problems.

mbfanatics.com is a canadian MB site, you might want to check that out. :tu:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
i absolutely love mine! other than SSS, the only issue i have had was when my spoiler came loose. no problems getting it replaced by the dealer and installation was perfect.

unless you can get a black series, 030 package or an sl65 i don't think you'll find a mercedes that is more fun to drive.
:bannana:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
unless you can get a black series, 030 package or an sl65 i don't think you'll find a mercedes that is more fun to drive.
:bannana:
...no bias here, aye Scott? ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've had two warranty jobs done already in 6,200 miles. The first one was failure of the SRS system, which was a known problem and therefore not unique. The second one was when the high level brakelight just came apart one day and was sticking out on one side. It needed a replacement light, again the dealer was aware of similar problems. Just recently I've had the occasional ESP/ABS failure warning on starting the car, although it clears in a few seconds. Looks like I might be heading for the third warranty job. While I love the car, and the dealer has been superb in fixing things quickly and without fuss, I could do without the extra visits to the dealer TBH.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Aprx 10k km and no problems with the car itself. I did have a front tire replaced under warranty (bulge in sidewall), but that's Pirelli's fault, not the SLK's.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Awesome car.. I've really used mine. Done 25 track days in a year and plenty of long journey's, recent was a 2800mile round trip Dallas-atlanta stopping in NO on the way back.

I've cooked the transmission once on a 104f/40C+ track day which required the replacement of the torque converter, but to be honest that was an excessive day.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done Deal!

Thanks for the input. Looks like a pretty safe bet so I did the deal and I should have my '05 55 either late next week or in the new year. It's Alabaster white with red/black interior. Now I just have to find winter tires & rims!

Can't Wait!!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Congratulations Driller! Do post some piccies when you get the SLK 55. Awesome Dude.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
That's a unique colour combo - congrats and post pics soon as you can! :)

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thanks for the input. Looks like a pretty safe bet so I did the deal and I should have my '05 55 either late next week or in the new year. It's Alabaster white with red/black interior. Now I just have to find winter tires & rims!

Can't Wait!!
Congrats, I hope you enjoy it, thats a very unique combination.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.