Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I had some body work done that involved replacing the driver's side tail light housing. When I got the car back, there is a cable coming out of the slot with the brushes there by the tail light., The cable has an end on it like a cable TV that one screws on to a device only it is much smaller. Any idea as to what this would be??.....thanks......Dennis

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which side? There are sattelite and cell phone and fm/am components all in the back on both sides.

Is tour radio stock, and working OK?
The stock radio is working just fine. It has a CD player and there is some option for a phone in the radio.

The cable is on the left/driver side rear tail light area. The gizmo that one pushes up by the interior light works. I think that is the "SOS" thing.

It does NOT have a cell phone or satellite connected. How does one or can a person someway yes one's cell or add a Bluetooth functionality????

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,859 Posts
I've only touched pre-fl 170, no experience with newer. I don't think I'd waste time or money adding anything to the stock setup - just replace it. You might be able to reuse the amplifier but that's as far as I would go

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've got one on my car.....

It's the antenna amplifier connector. My car is a Euro Spec 200SLK, and an external antenna was not used. The amplifier is mounted just below the brushes to the left. Sounds like it's time to look for another mechanic! :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.