Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thanks all for your pre-orders which I have sent off to the chef. To recap it is:
Windinmyhair & Windinherhair (Rose): one Royale & one Morroccan
Martin & Helen: One Royale and one Mini
Mugs & Bev: 2 mini breakfasts
Turbo: Pancakes
Mike & Sara: One Royale and one Mini

On a separate note, as the organiser I may now not be there despite waiting all this time (safely) to bring this regular meet fixture back onto the calendar. Sadly I am waiting on PCR test results to come back 馃槹.

*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
For those wanting mini breakfasts could you let me know how you want your eggs:

fried, scrambled or poached?

*Premium Member
2012 SLK55 AMG "Valkyrie"
1 scrambled and 1 poached for us please.
And......I hope you come back negative.....

*Premium Member
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
On a separate note, as the organiser I may now not be there despite waiting all this time (safely) to bring this regular meet fixture back onto the calendar. Sadly I am waiting on PCR test results to come back 馃槹.
Oh man! That's bad luck, old chap. 馃馃馃for a negative result.

*Premium Member

*Premium Member

*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
@Chippenhamged
ill go for the scrambled eggs please.
hope you PCR comes back negative, when will you get the results?

@Turbo
I would love to go for a drive afterwards but will really need to get back to the unpacking. next time I鈥檒l be 100% up for it.

Reactions: Turbo and savcom

*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Thanks for orders which I will pass on to the chef and thanks for your concerns about my health. I came back negative (thank god) but am still feeling unwell at the moment due to cold/flu bug which gave me the nasty dry cough (a covid symptom which made me get a test). So I honestly don't know how I will be feeling tomorrow morning. I didn't book any food for myself, just in case.

*Premium Member
So I honestly don't know how I will be feeling tomorrow morning. I didn't book any food for myself, just in case.
Hope to see you tomorrow, but if it's not to be, then get well soon, mate.

Reactions: Squishband

*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Thanks Martin. Have made the decision to not go. Am still feeling very much under the weather so rest is needed.

Hope you all have a great time.

Let me see some photos of you all enjoying yourselves

*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
Thanks Martin. Have made the decision to not go. Am still feeling very much under the weather so rest is needed.

Hope you all have a great time.

Let me see some photos of you all enjoying yourselves
Sorry to hear that Ged. Wot a bummer 馃様

hope everyone has a brilliant time - looking forward to the pics and write-ups.

*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Sounds and looks like you all had a good ride out. Blessed by the weather and the presence of a few V8's 馃槆.

Hope the choice of venue and food was good?

**Premium Member 2014 SLK200
Venue, food and service all good Ged (y) Thank you for organising us. How are you feeling now?
It was nice to meet old and new owners and to visit a, new to us, breakfast stop. Quite handy for anyone travelling on the M5.
Bit of a drizzly start but sun came out half way there so top down from Tetbury to the Hideout and then all the way back home:)
Here's to the next breakfast meet馃構

*Premium Member
We started our day in the rain, so the first 30 miles or so were with the roof up. However, first glimpse of sun and the roof was put in the boot, where it belongs. Quiet roads for most of the journey up, but busier after Bath as everyone else started to wake up and leave their homes.
Great to meet everyone at the Hide Out Lounge (sorry you weren't there, Ged). We were all so busy chatting that we had to be called to our table 15 minutes late!!! :D:D
Service was quick and we were all eating soon after 10:30 - and despite being busy, there was no rush to clear up, so we spent the rest of the morning chatting over this and that. Eventually, we went outside to kick the tyres and then went on our various ways (after carding an SLC that turned up for brunch and noting the Boxster that parked WELL away from us 馃ぃ馃ぃ)
We then went to a nearby Stately Home (Newark Park) and walked round the estate, rounding off a lovely day with a cross-country drive home with the top down until it rained. We pulled in and raised the roof (much to the disdain of the silver R170 owner going the other way with his roof firmly in his boot 馃き). A few miles further on though, we were through the shower so we again dropped the roof and carried on despite further showers. 150 miles round trip. Probably 110 miles with the roof down and no motorways (highways) used at all.

A few photos of the meet:
Brown Table Handwriting Wood Rectangle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Cloud

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Cloud

What's black and white and red all over? Six SLKs at a meet! (oh - and us, the only blue one in the midst!)

Then, later on, from the Stately Home:
Sky Plant Building Window Tree

Water Plant Natural landscape Tree Body of water

Bird Peafowl Phasianidae Plant Beak

61 - 80 of 83 Posts