Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
109,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome thanks a million for your help guys will definitely look at replacing the valve body and conductor plate when I get the transmission fluid changed

·
**Premium Member 2004 SLK350
5,703 Posts
If you change the conductor plate you need SCN coding, initial start-up, and adaptation on the road.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
547 Posts
If you change the conductor plate you need SCN coding, initial start-up, and adaptation on the road.
I'm likely going to have to do the conductor plate in my car. I thought I saw something about being able to SCN code it with an Android phone and a paid by use service over the Internet? Does anyone know if this is true?

I'd much rather do the job myself and I have a icarsoft 2.0 scantool if that helps. Is there a way forward to doing it myself?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
547 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
1,894 Posts
I'm likely going to have to do the conductor plate in my car. I thought I saw something about being able to SCN code it with an Android phone and a paid by use service over the Internet? Does anyone know if this is true?

I'd much rather do the job myself and I have a icarsoft 2.0 scantool if that helps. Is there a way forward to doing it myself?
Generally cheaper/easier to have repaired rather than swap...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the conductor plate on my 2007 SLK350 sent for repair two weeks ago. Less than a week later it broke again; stuck in gear, same fault code. It has now been sent away for a 2nd time. I bought the car 4 weeks ago, so not impressed, especially as last years MB SERVICE INVOICE refers to a transmission electric plate fault, which was not repaired (software updated and customer to report back). Customer obviously shifted car onto a dealer and now I have it. Since the service it has doe 2000 miles; are there any secondary parts that could potentially be damaged as a result of the plate not being repaired last year?

·
Banned
2013 SLK55 AMG
1,901 Posts
I had the conductor plate on my 2007 SLK350 sent for repair two weeks ago. Less than a week later it broke again; stuck in gear, same fault code. It has now been sent away for a 2nd time. I bought the car 4 weeks ago, so not impressed, especially as last years MB SERVICE INVOICE refers to a transmission electric plate fault, which was not repaired (software updated and customer to report back). Customer obviously shifted car onto a dealer and now I have it. Since the service it has doe 2000 miles; are there any secondary parts that could potentially be damaged as a result of the plate not being repaired last year?
If you bought the car from the dealer I believe under U.K. Consumer law the dealer is liable to fix this problem as it was pre-existing and surfaced within six months of purchase.
TonyS

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
3 Posts
Conductor plate problem

Hi all,

So I have an odd problem that I have seen was an issue on the 722.6 transmission but I can't seem to find any information for the 722.9 having the issue too. I pulled my conductor plate today to send it off to have the speed sensors repaired and when I pulled the electrical connection it was full of transmission fluid. Has anyone else encountered this problem on the 722.9? does anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance,

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
45 Posts
I just had a load of work done on my 55. I had symptoms of what I thought was conductor plate issues (stuck in gear etc) until it 'failed to proceed'. It turned out to be the CPS (when the codes were read). After I picked it up, I've driven the car hard (as I was happy to have it back) and the gearbox is honestly smooth as silk. I wonder if a CPS on the way out could cause the sensor in the conductor plate to get confused ?
Its just conjecture and based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, but just throwing it out there ?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just had a load of work done on my 55. I had symptoms of what I thought was conductor plate issues (stuck in gear etc) until it 'failed to proceed'. It turned out to be the CPS (when the codes were read). After I picked it up, I've driven the car hard (as I was happy to have it back) and the gearbox is honestly smooth as silk. I wonder if a CPS on the way out could cause the sensor in the conductor plate to get confused ?
Its just conjecture and based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, but just throwing it out there ?
what were the codes?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
45 Posts
I can ask them next week, but the description on the invoice said :

EML Light on, carry out STAR diagnosis and record fault code data:
Fault stored with crankshaft position sensor. Test sensor and found to be faulty.
Replace crankshaft sensor.

Like I say, I'll ask them on monday what the actual code was. I just thought it odd (probably just coincidence, but the box has behaved the best it ever has in my albeit short time with it).

Cheers

·
Founding Member 2006
109,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i meant what made u think it was conductor plate?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
45 Posts
Ah sorry, fairly frequent 'stuck in gear', box of neutrals. Switch off and start again cleared it.
I had the trans fluid changed about 2 months ago, but it always seemed overly rough in terms of changes (either up or down), compared to now when its silky smooth.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can ask them next week, but the description on the invoice said :

EML Light on, carry out STAR diagnosis and record fault code data:
Fault stored with crankshaft position sensor. Test sensor and found to be faulty.
Replace crankshaft sensor.

Like I say, I'll ask them on monday what the actual code was. I just thought it odd (probably just coincidence, but the box has behaved the best it ever has in my albeit short time with it).

Cheers
Hi and thanks for keeping us updated.Let me know about the codes. I will also see what is going on with mine soon and let everyone know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.