Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got my SLk 230 ready to use after a re painting the inside,fitted two new wings (fenders?)
I have now found out the magnetic clutch on the supercharger is not pulling in tried the relay K40? Re-solder ,cleaned MAF, tried to reset the air intake valve but no luck .
Any suggestions for a methodical diagnosis out there from the experts would be helpful please ?

Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
Hi,

Get it read and if necessary Data Checked on an appropriately capable diagnostic machine, (SDS is the daddy) .......................

There are a number of different reasons that the S/C Clutch doesn't kick in, which are usually because the ECU has detected a problem and shut down the boost for safety of the engine because of that fault elsewhere.

So really proper diagnosis is the most time efficient and cost effective way of doing this.

Anything else can only be guesswork, (sometimes educated guesswork), but just because one guy had a bad connection and another guy had a bad "xyz" sensor doesn't mean your Car will not have a bad "???" sensor :wink:

HTH, Cheers Dave

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have booked it in for a diagnostic on Friday morning, I will let you know the result it will be interesting ?
Regards Ian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts