Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Communication problem with esp/bas module

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  gjslutz 
#1 ·
I have no problem lights and the car runs normally but when I check the esp/bas modules with my obd2 test equipment it informs me the there is no communication. Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem. I have no problem when checking the other modules.

#3 ·
Most obd do not work with Mercedes. You might need a Mercedes specific tool like

#4 ·
Hi , I am using Carsoft MB ultimate home V12 software because I have a 38pin OB2 outlet on my 1998 SLK . This was my first time using this software but I had the same problem with the 7.4 software. All the other modules check out OK .

#5 ·
did you visit their site to see if any updates are out/needed?

#8 ·
The following from iCarsoft OBD2 function information. The scanner may not support your model year. I'd want this scanner too but my SLK is a 1999 model.

. DTCs search
18. Supports most of the OBDII/EOBD test modes include: CAN, ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
19. Works on most of 2001 and later OBDII compliant PETROL European vehicles
20. Works on most of 2004 and later OBDII compliant DIESEL European vehicles
21. Works on most of 1996 and later OBDII compliant US and Asian vehicles
22. View & Graph Live Data in Color Graphing and blazing fast refresh rate for better graphing and live data readings.
23. Comprehensive Help, Including OBD Parameter, Mode Explanations & More

#9 ·
Hi , I am using Carsoft MB Ultimate Home V12 Software which requires a laptop or desktop computer with a serial output and it works on all Mercedes from 1998, 38 pin or 16 pin obd2 connections, it checks out all my other modules OK just will not connect to my bas/esp modules. The information on the sight states that it should be able to communicate wit these modules. The car runs as normal with no faults showing when I start the car

#10 ·
I just purchased the:
MERCEDES BENZ SPRINTER Diagnostic Scanner Tool SRS ABS ENGINE iCarsoft MBII i980

For my 16 PIN 2003 SLK32 AMG

When I loaded the VIN # it said not found. this was after I loaded my model # R170 and checked that is was the SLK32 AMG. I called MATT "ebay seller" he had his phone number listed. He told me the VIN# was not required. All I needed to do was enter on MERC.
I did not need to enter anything else. I just followed the drop down menu and logged my codes, then cleared all of them. I now have an new gas pedal on order.

I corrected the code, RF brake sensor loose, I did not install it properly, now correct.

My first time with any OBII device. Great tool, it had to be idiot proof for me.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.