Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting read-there is more to read if you click the link but these were the highlights of the page:

http://repairpal.com/mercedes-benz/slk320

Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
Miscellaneous -- Verified
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.

Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.

High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.

Brake Light Switch Failure May Cause ESP/BAS Warning Lights
Electrical & Lights -- Verified
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern.

Roof won't open/close correctly
Electrical & Lights -- Verified
Position switches for the vario roof can fail, causing the roof to stop in the process of opening or closing.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,950 Posts
:(I can relate to the door panels delaminating, just happened this weekend on the passenger side!:mad:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:(I can relate to the door panels delaminating, just happened this weekend on the passenger side!:mad:
Well.. sweet pea is asking momma for a little makeover.. that's all. I bet it's nothing a little alcohol and colorbond couldn't fix. Remember all the cracking in my leather seat on the side? I'm telling you..that colorbond is amazing for interior patch fixing [and even color changes as we've seen in other user threads].

·
Registered
136 Posts
Colorbond fixes little cracks in leather??

Remember all the cracking in my leather seat on the side? I'm telling you..that colorbond is amazing for interior patch fixing [and even color changes as we've seen in other user threads].
I am interested to know if you have any before & after pictures of your seats painted with the colorbond? If so, can you please post them? Or direct me to the page on your mod thread if they're there...
Your comment seems to indicate it helped the cracks in the leather?!
I picked up a can of anthracite colorbond for the same thing, even though I read this on their FAQs:
"Does ColorBond Fill Cracks or Tears in the Substrate?
No. While ColorBond Penetrates the Substrate It Will Not Fill Cracks or Tears. Therefore, Repair Should Be Performed Before Painting Whatever Damage May Exist."

THANKS!

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Colorbond is great for the cracked sections of your seats. This is just a paint source, not a repair remedy. So I think the confusion here lies within the definition of what is a crack. If it's a crack in the top cover of the paint on the leather seat, this works great. IF it's a crack in the leather itself, or a permanent crease so to speak in the material, then you could understand why they would say a repair had to be done first.

KSFoster renovated his seats and entire interior with colorbond! And it came out just gorgeous. Please follow the thread below:

http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r170/78370-complete-interior-renovation.html

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree.. although it wasn't really an expansive article, I believe just the most frequent and common but yes, the PSE deserves a lot of attention. Make sure you take before and after photos of your results with whatever course you decide to take ;)

·
Registered 2011 SLK300
427 Posts
Well.. sweet pea is asking momma for a little makeover.. that's all. I bet it's nothing a little alcohol and colorbond couldn't fix. Remember all the cracking in my leather seat on the side? I'm telling you..that colorbond is amazing for interior patch fixing [and even color changes as we've seen in other user threads].

Is this in the form of wine :tu: or beer? :Beer: Either sounds good for working on seats. But not for working on brakes, steering, etc.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.