Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting very regular sightings on my drive home down Loop 360 here in Austin. I've seen:

o A black SLK 55 with custom plates. I waved, but he didn't wave back. :(

o A blue SLK200. We raced back and forth a bit, and she almost followed me home. When I pulled into my turn lane, I waved and she blew me a kiss. :rb She must live nearby.

o A silver SL320 AMG. Was sitting at the stoplight about to turn onto MOPAC expressway. I was going too fast to wave. :burnout:

I think I've seen two of the above three fairly regularly on my daily commute now. The black SLK is hard to miss, as is the woman in SLK200. :)

I was waxing about the website to my servicewriter at MB of Austin when I had it in about three weeks ago and I was going on and on about how much I loved my car (my friends describe me as "passionate"; the other half says I babble). This very attractive woman was standing just behind me smiling. Right about that time, one of the valets pulled up her white SLK350. She hopped in and tore off while I stood there feeling like a goof. :)

I've also seen many others just driving about town. I can't remember every single one, however. The others just made an impression.

What's interesting is that I haven't seen any of the R172 SLK's yet. Now that we own two MB's, I tend to see MB cars more frequently (does everyone notice this?) I'm seeing lots of new C's and E's, but I haven't seen a single R172. :confused:

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
LOL - Austin is awesome for SLK's - when my brother lived there, I tried to regularly run up just to enjoy myself. So really nice roads around Lake Travis that are fun to drive and provide stunning scenery!

Been a bit over a year since he relocated to Oakland, so not been up lately - may have to fix that in July! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.