Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm new in the site and I have a doubt about installing a Comand NAV in my SLK 200k 2005. It comes with Audio 50 with navigation but I have bought a Comand Unit from UK, my car was bought in Germany, Could I install the Comand unit just removing mine and connecting the other?

Thank U!!!1

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Welcome aramis - take a minute and update your profile with your location and car details.

Which version of COMAND did you buy?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,559 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale.
usercp, edit your details, location.
Also, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comand Version

I don't really know the comand version I bought, just know it was from an SLK 171 2005, I'm pretty sure it won't be comand NTG 2.5. I's all I can say!!!

Thanks!!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Aramis - so that should be a NGT2 version of COMAND, as is what is designed to be put in your car.

The A50 headunit uses the same AGW as the COMAND, so in theory you are good to go there. What's not as clear to me is if the A50 uses the same external nagivation drive as the COMAND. Take a look in the boot of your car, at the top of the rear electronics bay - if you see a DVD navigation drive, you should be fine. I'm almost 100% sure that the A50 has the navigation in the head....

If you don't have an external NAVI drive, then you should still be able to install the COMAND, but obviously it's not going to have navigation.

Take some pictures of what you have. Bascially - if I'm reading things correctly, you should be able to remove the A50 HU, and slot in the COMAND. Same wiring harness for the MOST fiber and power/wakeup, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I'm concerned, my brother has an SLK 280 2007 with comand installed. He is not required to introduce any navigation DVD as I am. Anytime I want to use Navigation I have to stop music CD and insert the supplied DVD. Thanks for your answer and sorry for my English!!.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Your english is better than my spanish! What you describe makes sense on your A50 head unit. Unless your COMAND came with an external Navi drive, you will not have navigation on the COMAND....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where's the boot of my car? If it hasn't an external navigation unit, could I buy one and install it? Where are the screws for unfixing the APS50 and how should it be done?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.