Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

I’ve have Comand in my car r171 2007, does anybody know a rough value/estimate of its worth if I try to sell it after having it removed?

I’d like to upgrade my system

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,921 Posts
Hi Folks

I’ve have Comand in my car r171 2007, does anybody know a rough value/estimate of its worth if I try to sell it after having it removed?

a new comand costs about $6000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s is only me that thinks it’s overrated? Before buying my car, I researched and there was lots of talk about making sure the car had airscarf and Comand, Comand feels very outdated to me, I have apple CarPlay in my family car.

·
Registered 2007 SLK350
560 Posts
When I first saw my car, I noted it had COMAND NTG 1 in it

I thought that was a bit of a bonus.

Now that I have had it a year or so, I now wish it didnt have it because it is outdated, and a pain in the neck to replace with something more modern.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have Comand 2.5 and I neither love it nor hate it. Of course it is outdated after nearly 10 years. The number one thing I would like to have is more modern navigation. The NAV is ok and acccurate enough but the graphics look very outdated. It's not the end of the world. If I could not connect USB drives for music storage I would think about replacing the head unit. As long as I have that it's not worth the minor expense and major inconvenience.

When I first saw my car, I noted it had COMAND NTG 1 in it

I thought that was a bit of a bonus.

Now that I have had it a year or so, I now wish it didnt have it because it is outdated, and a pain in the neck to replace with something more modern.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
Hi Folks

I would certainly recommend it. It's a pain in the butt initially especially with the HK system but worth it. I personally ripped out the NTG 1, DVD Nav, cd changer, HK gateway, Dension 500BT, Dension DAB etc etc and now have everything in a nice 9" head unit. Sometime soon I'll be selling the lot in anyone's interested.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts