Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased my 2007 SLK280 and have to say that I am disappointed with the Comand/Nav unit that is installed. Outdated navigation data, lack of basic features that you can find on a $50.00 Garmin and no bluetooth or phone cradle really shocked me. After reading many posts here, I decided to have it replaced with a Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT. The good news for some of you is that I am going to try to sell it.

I want to offer it to the members here before I throw it up on ebay. (Vomit pun intended,:))

It is the standard Comand unit, US version with DVD data disk and Sirius Satellite capable. (They just sent me a free, three month trial offer that I will include also) No bluetooth, however.

I see them on ebay for $1,300.00 to $1,600.00 plus shipping. I am looking for $1,000.00 (OBO) with free shipping in the continental US.

Today is 10/26/10 and I will let it sit here until it sells or until 11/09/10. After that I will "ebay" it. (I will be on a trip overseas during that time, but I will try to check responses regularly)

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions. First come, first served.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In addition

Yes, the original Nav data DVD and the user's manual are included. (US/North America version only)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
Ooh, please update me on what happens to it. I'm sick and tired of my COMAND unit as well. if i could get $1000, i'd dump mine too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - All offers will be considered

Update: I will entertain any offer from members here before I go to ebay with it.

This is the complete unit with three boxes, the nav data DVD and user's manual.

Make me an offer... you could drive away with this, cheap! R)

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
John, are you still looking for the Sirius Receiver? How much are you willing to pay? i let my subscription lapse, and i've been fine without it...so.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sirius

You sold the Sirius receiver?
As far as I know, the Sirius receiver is built into the main box (the bottom one in the photo).

The top box is the DVD drive from the trunk.
The middle box is the Comand unit from the dashboard.
The bottom box is the main CPU.

I left all the wires connected to the main box so that an installer would know what goes where.

Today is the last day!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Top box is the navigation computer, middle is the COMAND head, and the bottom is the Audio Gateway. The Sirius module is in a hump in the left rear side of your trunk.

Cyber - I've got a gen 1 and a gen 2 Sirius receiver, don't really need another one at the moment! Was just curious since it was mentioned in the sale.

That's - IMHO the most salable piece of the mix, since it will work on pretty much any US spec Benze after 2005.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tempting offer .... would that command work without premium adudio...? Do you have the trimming pieces to mount the navigation in the boot?

John, if you read this, how hard would it be to retrofit that Command to a 2008 with Audio 20?

I'm still inclined on the 2009 NTG 2.5 idea but this is tempting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Comand Unit

First off hi everyone I'm glad to become a part of your form!!!!!! I've never owned a Benz before I've always had BMW's........So this is all new for me. I just purchased a SLK 55 and on my way home discovered that some of the buttons on the comand unit doesn't work. :tazz: So after looking thru your form I have came to the conclusion that I will have to purchase another one JetAV8tor do you still have your for sale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sold

Everyone.. sorry I have not responded in a while. All three boxes, the user manual and DVD were sold on eBay a while ago. I may have the Sirrus box in the trunk, but I have not looked in there for it.

Sorry I had to sell everything on eBay. I was hoping to make someone happy here instead.

The Panasonic is not much better, by the way. I modified it so I could watch a DVD and enter an address while in motion. However, the display of data is limited (no or limited cross street information), the map is outdated even though they assure me I have the latest and the bluetooth is minimum quality. My brother in law has a better setup with his $170 portable Garmin with bluetooth. I wish Garmin made a unit for installation in this vehicle. Next time I won't waste my money; buy an AM/FM radio with DVD/CD and a portable Garmin for Nav and bluetooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.