Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching the forum's many posts regarding problems with the Comand system, I can't find any that match my issue exactly, so I'd like to see if anyone has any advice. The system on our 2009 SLK300 will shut down after running for 30 seconds, restart (showing MBZ logo), run for another 30 seconds, shut down again, etc. It's like a computer continuously rebooting. I've disconnected the battery, checked fuses, drained capacitors by clamping disconnected battery leads together (on advice of local indie). Sometimes the system will work properly for one start, but fails after the next try. Doesn't matter if the vehicle is off or running, warm or cold. Another thing: shortly after this issue began, I replaced the battery as it showed to be marginal on a load test. The Comand system worked fine for the following 3 months, then failed again (with load test showing new battery OK). Thanks for any input.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Does your car have sirius satelite radio installed?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
Yes it does, Jeff. (and thanks for your service - 3/35 Armor vet here)
Thank you for your service! :D

see my thread above with a link on the issue I had after sirius did an update.

do you have sirius service now?
did you just start sirius service?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
was that the 1st time you started a sirius subscription?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
you can rehit it yourself from your account on sirius webpage

or call em up to do it....

make sure your car outside of course :D

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
btw, my sirius had your symptoms of reboot continuously and you saw my thread above on the sirius issue back then so i had 1st hand experience with it.

Other members will jump in with their thoughts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No go with the Sirius refresh. Since the Comand/radio won't stay on for more than 30 seconds, there wasn't time for the refresh to apply. I have found that disconnecting/reconnecting the battery for a while allows the Comand to operate properly for 1 time and 1 time only. If it is turned off and on again, it goes back to it's 30 second reboot cycle. I tried the Sirius refresh during this 1 functional period, but apparently the refresh itself turns the radio off to reboot and, bam - back to the original problem.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,815 Posts
you know when you disconnect the neg cable (battery) you need it off for a minimum of 30 minutes, right?
that allows the system to 'die'
then reconect cable
reset clock and resynch windows
then try comand

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.