Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering replacing my nonfunctioning COMAND unit (w/ Harmon Kardon) with an aftermarket unit from Crutchfield. I'm aware that this new unit will not connect with some factory features and am ok with that - however, the analog clock on this car needs to be set using the COMAND interface (there is no adjustment available in the MFD - double checked in owner's manual). The replacement unit will not adjust the clock, leaving it dead and I'm not ok with that. Anybody aware of any workarounds?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
as stated, if one has comand, then the analog clock is set/reset through comand
so if he removes comand with new hu, hmmmmmmm

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
you have the comand manual?
I'm looking in mine and don't have an unsynch

etyu has an 08 so might have been pre facelift

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts
agreed. see my post above yours :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff,
I'm trying to track down the MOST ring components in this car. Would you know if the navigation module is part of the HU or might it be a separate component hiding somewhere? Have to head out - thanks in advance!

·
Founding Member 2006
108,881 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,166 Posts
The navigation unit is in the trunk.

I don't have COMAND so can't add much to the conversation, but I'll say this:

If you can't find a way to do it with the COMAND menu or the IC menu, then it's probably a matter of coding via STAR to tell the IC "No COMAND present".

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Yep..

The clock functions can be transferred over to the mfd with a tweak in STAR, so you'll need a tame dealer or friendly Indy.

The Nav units are in the trunk, unless you have the NTG 2.5, in which case it's built into the head unit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've seen the billsden pdf before, it seems to be for older models - many differences from the '09. I've opened the module bridge in the trunk and found Sirius, Continental digital voice controller, & alarm control modules. According to SmartWorldCompany.com, all '09 models were upgraded to NTG 2.5 systems so, as mentioned by Sean, it appears that the nav is part of the HU. I'll check with local indies about STAR tweak. Thanks all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.