Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I've just collected my slk 250 and I'm trying to connect my phone to the comand online . It's a Samsung s6 all the phone Bluetooth functions work apart from the online system. Tethering is active on the phone but the comand won't go online . Anyone else had problems with the s6 or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Tony

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
It's flaky as a very flaky thing. The phone manufacturers are releasing updates almost weekly but the latest system was designed in about 2012 and started appearing in cars in 2014. The underlying COMAND system is nearly 10 years old.

My first step would be take it to Mercedes for an update and if that doesn't work, try a different flavour of Android. One benefit with Apple devices is they have a REALLY strict software policy and that tends to mean if it works on one, it works on all of them. Android has more branches than McDonalds so what works with one doesn't necessarily work with something else.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
118 Posts
Just to check: you have 'Bluetooth tethering' enabled in your phone's settings, correct? This is a different setting from wifi tethering, for example. Assuming that you have Bluetooth tethering enabled, and of course your phone is already online, when you try to connect to Comand do you get an immediate error message or does the system look like it is trying to connect but just hangs?

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
Hi, I've just collected my slk 250 and I'm trying to connect my phone to the comand online . It's a Samsung s6 all the phone Bluetooth functions work apart from the online system. Tethering is active on the phone but the comand won't go online . Anyone else had problems with the s6 or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Tony
I also have a new phone have spent a few hours trying to get it to go online.
My new phone has so many setting other than just tethering I have now given up trying.
My old phone worked but very slow.I have Bluedun installed.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
118 Posts
>> HONOR 7 you probably never herd of it. But has fantastic reviews and spec.

Yes, it's a very good phone. What I would recommend is as follows:

1. Pair the phone to your SLK as usual (you've probably already done this)
2. Uninstall Bluedun (you shouldn't need it since your phone should have Bluetooth tethering built-in)
3. Make sure your phone is online (you can access the internet on your phone)
4. Go into Android Settings > Tethering & portable hotspot > Bluetooth tethering, and set this to On
5. On your Comand, select Internet and follow the instructions to go online in the Comand user manual

In my experience, if your phone settings aren't correct then trying step 5 will give an immediate error. However, if the phone settings are correct then you'll see the Comand attempt to connect to the internet through your phone. This can take a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Malcolm

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also have a new phone have spent a few hours trying to get it to go online.
My new phone has so many setting other than just tethering I have now given up trying.
My old phone worked but very slow.I have Bluedun installed.
Not sure if you have it, but you will need BlueDun +, the Bluedun stopped working for me so downloaded the BlueDun+ and it works a treat. Just make sure the audio on Comand is not set to bluetooth audio as you cant stream audio from your phone and connect to the internet

Hope that works for you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Managed to get my working using bluedun+. Apparently the Mercedes software is not keeping up with new technology bluedun fools the system into thinking the phone is running older bluetooth software.

Hope it helps anyone else with a similar problem.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
118 Posts
Managed to get my working using bluedun+. Apparently the Mercedes software is not keeping up with new technology bluedun fools the system into thinking the phone is running older bluetooth software.

Hope it helps anyone else with a similar problem.
Glad to hear that BlueDun+ is working for you. Always good to have some alternative solutions. As always with technology, stick with whatever works!

But just to confirm that Comand (certainly version 4.7, maybe earlier as well) can use recent Android phones with in-built Bluetooth tethering to connect directly to the internet without using BlueDun+.

Regards,
Malcolm

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
>> HONOR 7 you probably never herd of it. But has fantastic reviews and spec.

Yes, it's a very good phone. What I would recommend is as follows:

1. Pair the phone to your SLK as usual (you've probably already done this)
2. Uninstall Bluedun (you shouldn't need it since your phone should have Bluetooth tethering built-in)
3. Make sure your phone is online (you can access the internet on your phone)
4. Go into Android Settings > Tethering & portable hotspot > Bluetooth tethering, and set this to On
5. On your Comand, select Internet and follow the instructions to go online in the Comand user manual

In my experience, if your phone settings aren't correct then trying step 5 will give an immediate error. However, if the phone settings are correct then you'll see the Comand attempt to connect to the internet through your phone. This can take a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Malcolm
Thank you will give this a try.

·
*Registered
SLK Disposed of
310 Posts
Not sure if you have it, but you will need BlueDun +, the Bluedun stopped working for me so downloaded the BlueDun+ and it works a treat. Just make sure the audio on Comand is not set to bluetooth audio as you cant stream audio from your phone and connect to the internet

Hope that works for you
Just downloaded bluedun+ worked first time Thankyou

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.