Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The version depicted here is 4.02.02 as I have a C3 and this is the latest version that works with C3.
This tutorial will show how to enable MP3 copy function on NTG 4.5 Music Register that was disabled on US cars.
With vediamo if you are not sure what you are doing STOP, ASK and MAKE SURE before proceeding as you can brick control units and that is expensive.
Also before making any changes save your variant coding using the save to file function!

After you have vediamo installed, licensed and properly configured (I will post about C3 configuration separetly):
1. Open "Vediamo Start Center"
You should see your HW ID in the vediamo server section (Also if you open the information pop-up you should see license available)
2. Open "Ecoute" (The red simulation label is normal)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2. The Ecoute screen will load, select the "Load System" icon:
(Note that this screen says "****SIMULATION***" in the title that should NOT be there for you when you are connected to the car, it is in this screenshot because I forgot to grab this screen when I was connected)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3. Select HU45 from the list (if the list is empty you need to browse to the folder where you have your cbf files):

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4. Go to ECU>Properties and change the Connection field to the option with 500:

5. Select the "Initiate Connection" icon:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6. After connection is established select the variant coding icon: (The icon is grey in this image because I had already disconnected, it should not be grey for you)

***Before making any changes save your variant coding using the save to file function!***
7. Finally locate the parameter, select VCD_HU_Parameter from the services drop-down and then the Musicserver function. Select the "copy" value and click the "ECU-Coding" box:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts