Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I guess I screwed up and purchased an aftermarket CarPlay (INSINORK) unit that will not work and now I have no sound after reconnecting the unit back to stock. I have reset the unit and I can see Navigation, Audio (Sirius and phone) can select different stations, phone information comes up, etc but no sound and under the sound selection button there is no selection for Logic 7 the sound system unit. The guy at the company got mad at me because he said I was following his direction, but after he had me turn “Most” off and Audio Aux on and resethe system, I lost the sound and Logic 7.

Is there a setting I might need to fix, I ask because to get Sirius back up, I had to change some settings.

Any help would be great or do I need to find a Comand unit?

The guy at INSINORK became very rude and I do not recommend this company. I have a very negative and races (maybe not races in his country) screen shot of what he said to me, just don’t think it’s appropriate to post.

• Sad
Reactions: Trev5

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the sound of it you somehow changed the configuration of your car to use internal amplifier (like when you don't have HK), you need to change that back (the amplifier connects through MOST).

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
That is what I am hoping, but I don’t know where to look to find out.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I can see the optic light from the back of the HU come on and I can see I it at the other end of the cable at the amp, I can see the optic light on the amp come on. I can not find any fuse related to the stereo system that is blown.

any know what the NG in the picture above stands for, No Good, No Ground, ??

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,431 Posts
I have COMAND and HK5.1 option, remind me how to access the engineering menu and I'll see what my circuit check screen looks like:

Though hopefully a changed setting, not sure what else you've disturbed....

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have COMAND and HK5.1 option, remind me how to access the engineering menu and I'll see what my circuit check screen looks like:

Though hopefully a changed setting, not sure what else you've disturbed....
On comand unit. Red hang up button, 1 and # at the same time

now for an update, I have sound. I went through the engineering mode, reset everything I could and turned on what I thought should be on and same with off. Then reset the unit and I have sound.

I now have a couple of problems that I want to correct but can work around if I have too.
1) silver control know by shifter will not do anything if turned/twisted, but if I push up, down, left or right it works.
2) when I connect the iPhone to the connector in the center console, it charges, but does let me play music. I can play music via Bluetooth and the phone system works.

Reactions: Trev5

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,154 Posts
You can always have a dealer SCN code your unit to get everything back to factory settings, should only be 1 hr of labor.

Could you ever play music directly from the phone?

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can always have a dealer SCN code your unit to get everything back to factory settings, should only be 1 hr of labor.

Could you ever play music directly from the phone?

well it looks like I will do that, because now my head unit is displaying 4.5 and before it was 4.7.

Also had to run an errand and took the SLK, the phone hooked up right away, so now its just the control knob.
The service manager at MB of Santa Fe helped me out this morning, so I will be seeing the again this year and let them do an update and the knob.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I wonder in the control kn0b shaft is broken - I have seen kits to fix them.
Found a video and the part on Amazon. Guess I could pull it apart and see

I ordered the part, Thanks @Trev5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts