Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had the Slk a few weeks now. I wanted to use it a few weeks to compile a list of jobs that needed doing and so far not to bad/sticking roof.I think ive found all the info i need about that on here,the trim needs repainting and my code is 225A im ready to order from tautflex but want to check if the A in the code has any significance everything i can find just says 225 and id rather touch in rather than full repaint.Also the car has 18 inch amg wheels 225/40/18 and it is very twitchy in the wet and it seems the road surface tracks the steering
is this normal with it not having narrower tyres on the front.Hope someone can help
Mark

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have 17's fitted and it does follow tracks in the road. I changed the steering damper and had 4 wheel alignment done which helped a little bit. Lowering the front pressures also helped. Had suspension expert check the car over but he couldn't find anything wrong. He said it was 'the nature of the beast' as they originally had 16 inch wheels which worked much better. He did say that the front tyres were quite old and although they had plenty of tread the rubber does harden over the years and therefore flexes less. I will buy some new front tyres in a few months to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Aycee and leapyfish
ill try the tyre pressures
i have looked at volico but the same applies
225=quartz
225=quartz/sienna beige
225=quartz/sand
my code 225A
does the A make any difference