Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always regret not getting an SLK with the ambient lighting package so I recently ordered a fiber optic ambient lighting kit for $35 off of eBay. It’s pretty cool because you can change the colors via Bluetooth and an app on your phone. It’s not as bright as what package that Mercedes offers stock but it still looks pretty good and isn’t noticeable during the daytime. Installation was time consuming but worth it IMO. I’m thinking about doing the doors next weekend, I just know it’s going to be a pain in the butt to run the wires.

This allows you to select colors from a color wheel or choose standard colors like red, blue, etc. It also has some features (that I’ll never use lol), like pulsating and strobe. The one feature that’s nice is a color transition feature where it cycles through the colors but they blend into each other so it’s a very smooth transition. Personally I really like the deep dark blue, unfortunately my girlfriend loves the pink and purple lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats involved in fitting them

I removed the grey center console and the heater vent and ran the wires behind that. The fiber optic tube is just a clear plastic/rubber tube that’s flexible and also comes with a a clear casing that has a lip, this allows out o tuck it in trim edges and appear to be mounted there. The center console was the most difficult part because I glued the casing around the border of the inside of console. The good thing about this is that you can’t see the adhesive because it’s inside and the fiber optic tube is not really noticeable at all during the daytime.

The difficult part is going to be doing the doors. I want to run the lights to the little baskets on the bottom of the door cards. I ordered a 9 inch android screen for the car which should be here any day now, when I get it, I’m going to try to do the doors along with the screen install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts