Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a deposit on an SLK and must admit although I did numerous checks on the car I forgot to check if it had the wind deflector.
A few questions:
1. Am I correct that the car should come with a mesh deflector as standard ?
2. If this is not fitted to the back of the head rests, where should I find it, in the boot ?
3. Does it have a storage bracket in the boot lid like the older BMW Z4's or is there a protective wallet for it ?
4. Is the SLK standard deflector effective, I know from the Z4 forums that there are quite strongly divided views for that car e.g. it is semi effective but spoils the rear mirror view if you leave it attached all the time.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
It comes in a sealed plastic bag in the center console. I picked my 350 up from the factory in Nov 2004, and mine is still sealed in it's plastic bag. It's an open top car, you get a bit of draft, you don't need one :):)

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,884 Posts
tony,

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members listed to obtain your needed posts.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I love the rigid OEM wind protector. Its a delight to assemble and clip into place. It doesn't interfere with the view.

Unlike Woolly, I take my car out in the winter. I love having the roof down on those clear crisp days. I used to get a painfully cold left ear (ie in the middle of the car) with the roof down due to the wind rushing between the head rests, the solid OEM stopped that happening.

By the way, I'm tall so sit up higher and further back than most drivers, my wife sits lower down and closer to the windscreen doesn't notice any difference with temperature. She appreciates the wind deflector because less of her hair blows in her face!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought a solid clear Windbloc wind deflector to replace the standard black mesh version (on an R170).

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that the solid deflector is slightly inferior n performance to the mesh type, in that it allows more wind to be felt at the back of the head (may be due to the diffusion effect through the mesh type), however the improvement in vision through the rear view mirror more than compensates for this small loss in wind shielding performance.

I leave it in place with either the roof up or down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts