Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well collected the 43, had to go from home in Suffolk all the way to Harrogate Mercedes for the best deal.
Originally spoke with them and we couldn’t make the deal, said to salesmen I’ll leave my offer on table, replied with, well we won’t be ringing you back I can assure you of that.
But low and behold two days later he did saying that he had two other dealers who wanted the car, which I took with a pinch of salt. So we closed the deal on my offer, which I was tempted to reduce even more, but don’t think that would have worked.
So now have a pre registered 43 which only had 164 miles on the clock and a good spec, LSD, reversing camera, blind spot detectors, lane control, nite pack,plus some other things I can’t think of at present and was surprised to be advised that car needed to be run in for the first 1000 miles, that was difficult to adhere to on the 225 mile drive home on a sunny afternoon, but I did.
Will have to check with dealership re the LSD oil change after reading a previous thread.
Find the car so much more stable and solid on the road than my old SLC200, which I only enjoyed for 3 months.
Think the 43 will be a keeper until I physically cannot get into it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well collected the 43, had to go from home in Suffolk all the way to Harrogate Mercedes for the best deal.
Originally spoke with them and we couldn’t make the deal, said to salesmen I’ll leave my offer on table, replied with, well we won’t be ringing you back I can assure you of that.
But low and behold two days later he did saying that he had two other dealers who wanted the car, which I took with a pinch of salt. So we closed the deal on my offer, which I was tempted to reduce even more, but don’t think that would have worked.
So now have a pre registered 43 which only had 164 miles on the clock and a good spec, LSD, reversing camera, blind spot detectors, lane control, nite pack,plus some other things I can’t think of at present and was surprised to be advised that car needed to be run in for the first 1000 miles, that was difficult to adhere to on the 225 mile drive home on a sunny afternoon, but I did.
Will have to check with dealership re the LSD oil change after reading a previous thread.
Find the car so much more stable and solid on the road than my old SLC200, which I only enjoyed for 3 months.
Think the 43 will be a keeper until I physically cannot get into it

Enjoy the ride :laugh: and congrats :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Welcome to SLC43 Ownership - Sounds like a nice high spec SLC43 You've acquired :tu:

Yes, the 43 Engine does need to be run in for the first 800 to 1000miles, but be grateful You didn't purchase a MB AMG 63 vehicle - They have a 7k run in period apparently...!! :surprise:

I phoned MB HQ and they said the LSD needed an oil change before 1800 miles (which I had done last week...)
...but only if the car was registered before December 2018 - So how does that work for car registered after the cut off date...??
If they refuse to change the oil on the LSD for free, I'd be very tempted to pay for it to be changed if You are not planning to chop the car in after 3 years & 36,000 miles

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes and replies. I certainly will enjoy the car. And with the intelligent lights will be able to see at night now.
Now have a set of redundant HIDS from old car, which were well worth the purchase of, really did work better than the original lights.
Will have Smart Top fitted soon as but not sure whether to fit front suspension strut?

MB offering 4 year service contract at £32 per month, which seems to be a £500 saving on actual costs, anybody else taken this out? Thoughts?
Liking the Mercedes Me app but a bit Big Brotherish, but handy to be able to lock car wherever you are should you forget. Plus all the live info it gives you.

A 7k running in period arghhhh, one went out whilst I was collecting mine, sounded awesome, looked great in metallic blue.
Now off for another run out with top down.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
I've not driven My SLC43 hardly at all at night, but the one trip I did do showed how good they where :tu:
The only thing that confuses other drivers (so to speak) is the "soft" change between High beam and Low beam, so other drivers think You haven't dipped Your lights..??

Yes, the Service Guy was saying that people go in to purchase a AMG 63 and when they find out about the 7k run in period, plump for a AMG 43 instead....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes and replies. I certainly will enjoy the car. And with the intelligent lights will be able to see at night now.

Will have Smart Top fitted soon as but not sure whether to fit front suspension strut?

MB offering 4 year service contract at £32 per month, which seems to be a £500 saving on actual costs, anybody else taken this out? Thoughts?
n.

Well I only took a 2 year service contract out at £36 a month, so maybe yours is a good deal

Why the smart top install, mine doesn't have that as but I can open and close the roof from the fob, maybe because mine has the Keyless option that is why?

Well enjoy your drive...... Actually I am going out in mine soon as its a sunny dry Monday :smile:

·
Registered
619 Posts
I phoned MB HQ and they said the LSD needed an oil change before 1800 miles (which I had done last week...)
...but only if the car was registered before December 2018 - So how does that work for car registered after the cut off date...??
Registered or built? Mine was built Dec. 28 2017 but not registered until March 28 2018. Did you men built?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I only took a 2 year service contract out at £36 a month, so maybe yours is a good deal

Why the smart top install, mine doesn't have that as but I can open and close the roof from the fob, maybe because mine has the Keyless option that is why?

Well enjoy your drive...... Actually I am going out in mine soon as its a sunny dry Monday :smile:
Think it must be keyless, which I didn’t want & not an option on this car, that affords you the keyfob roof operation, good option.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
I think that is a good deal and guarantees the price of your servicing for 4 years. I pay £42 per month for a 3 year service contract for my 55 and have had a B and A service so far. I hope it keeps that reasonable when it comes up for renewal next year. With regard to the LSD oil change I notice from your Datacard that the car was shipped in August 2018 so it looks like it will need that oil change before 1800 miles.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that is a good deal and guarantees the price of your servicing for 4 years. I pay £42 per month for a 3 year service contract for my 55 and have had a B and A service so far. I hope it keeps that reasonable when it comes up for renewal next year. With regard to the LSD oil change I notice from your Datacard that the car was shipped in August 2018 so it looks like it will need that oil change before 1800 miles.
Yes it was a September pre reg, not sure what they done with the car seeing though it only had 164 miles when I collected it! So will look to local MB dealer when time comes.

Cousjcc....thanks, have already noticed it a couple of times but have another 540 miles :surprise::surprise before I can start to appreciate it fully and even then to gradually build up to the full crescendo!! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Registered or built? Mine was built Dec. 28 2017 but not registered until March 28 2018. Did you men built?
I was only quoting what @40ina43 advised in this post:
https://www.slkworld.com/slc-general-discussion/541464-slc-43-limited-diff-oil-change-no-longer-required.html
(Just sounds like MB cost cutting at future owners expense....?)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts