Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title says really, today was the day I collected my first Mercedes after a couple of BMW's and all I can say is wow...

Whoever came up with the plan to shoe horn a v8 into an SLK should be praised and adored. As you can probably tell I am more than happy with it. The performance is just silly, any gear and a prod of the foot and its away. It also gets admiring glances and you see people double take when I start it up, wondering what it is. I have had numerous hot hatches and a 335i BMW but this car is something else...
I am not sure about the appetite for fuel but hey, can't have it all. I can see a fun summer ahead...

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,295 Posts
Congrats! Let the modding begin!

owner's and maintenance manuals great R171 info:

later year owner's/maintenance/comand manuals, top right in the link below:
Bill's Den: Documents

Lube those seals:
http://www.slkworld.com/226839-post1.html

your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

clear or tinted side markers
shorty antenna
led license plate bulbs
led parking lights
carbon fiber on the C pillars
oem windscreen or lighted/etched windscreen
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-ge...kleemann-ecu-tune-headers-downpipes-vids.html

·
Premium Member 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
15,205 Posts
How about some pics!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, as the title says really, today was the day I collected my first Mercedes after a couple of BMW's and all I can say is wow...

Whoever came up with the plan to shoe horn a v8 into an SLK should be praised and adored. As you can probably tell I am more than happy with it. The performance is just silly, any gear and a prod of the foot and its away. It also gets admiring glances and you see people double take when I start it up, wondering what it is. I have had numerous hot hatches and a 335i BMW but this car is something else...
I am not sure about the appetite for fuel but hey, can't have it all. I can see a fun summer ahead...
I came from a few bmws and my last one was a 135i fully modded.. boost vs. the V8 NA is totally different.. enjoy.. and yes the start up is an attention seeker especially if you start putting in a Xpipe.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
16,465 Posts
I've had Mabel over 2 years and am still smiling whenever I sit in her! :smile:

Have fun in the sun! :tu:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,745 Posts
Hi All

@Chub if your talking about mpg (& I hate talking about mpg) , I had my trip untouched for about 21k miles & I was getting average 21.5mpg I do use all the rev range :) , Last Sunday was out & about 45mins in to the journey covered 62miles ave 28.2mpg , That's all real life driving , We have had our 55 for close to 7 years now & still loving it ,I was only going to keep this car for 2 years , I say yes to the Xpipe but I would hear one in the flesh with two Cats removed before getting that mod .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, your grin will get bigger with X pipe and secondary cats delete >:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome guys, its been a mad weekend and I did a tank of fuel just driving about.
Most memorable of theweekend was a midnight drive, roof down with the airscarf on, stereo loud and no where in particular to go.
I am already smitten with this car and I can see me keeping it longer than others.
I also had my car detailed and its looking amazing for it....

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,745 Posts
Hi All

Your telling me you have the your music playing with the roof down , Are there not enough sweet sounds coming out the rear pipes ??? .
Yes on the night open top driving its a real bonus I did not think about before we had our SLK ,but being in the UK you only get afew each year.

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congratuations on your SLK 55 , you have picked the right Benz. I have one and everything about the car is awsome .

Just love my car !

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
391 Posts
It is an amazing car. Just the other day I had the top down and some boys stopped next to me at the lights and started complementing the car. Not the first time this has happened either. It sure gets a lot of attention - and if it doesn't, just a small Rev of the engine does the trick (assuming I haven't already been asked to do this!) :D

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys, its been a mad weekend and I did a tank of fuel just driving about.
Most memorable of theweekend was a midnight drive, roof down with the airscarf on, stereo loud and no where in particular to go.
I am already smitten with this car and I can see me keeping it longer than others.
I also had my car detailed and its looking amazing for it....

Hi Chubby,

I believe the loud music but not the roof down at midnight in Surrey.:grin:

Enjoy your '55.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.