Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
* Registered
2014 SLK55 AMG
170 Posts
Thanks for organising today's meet @Davyd1975, its been a long time coming but was definitely worth the wait. Looking forward to the next one already. (y)
It was great catching up with the old faces and meeting the new. Hopefully we'll have a larger midlands following from now on. Respect to @Turbo for making the mammoth journey up all the way from Bristol.

Anyway, I'll probably see some of you at the afternoon tea meet next month. Cheers.

·
* Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
379 Posts
Respect to @Turbo for making the mammoth journey up all the way from Bristol.
Thanx! It was well worth it, I learned a lot. About both myself and the car - milage isn’t any where NEAR as bad as I thought on long journeys, the seats are VERY comfortable. And watch the gravel on intersections. Oups, again, I’m TERRIBLE sorry @binty!!

·
Super Moderator (UK) 2008 Black SLK350.
1,460 Posts
Ehm, well... (blush). Think I have to bring up the rear next time, just to keep everyone safe :D :D.
But perhaps those non SLK innocents behind not so safe. Maybe you should think of a massive sticker across the back of your car ‘warning, protective eyewear and ear defenders necessary’ 🤣🤣🤣

·
1,460 Posts
And now, obviously, the weather is absolutely amazing again!! We really managed to hit THAT ONE DAY where it's pouring down! :)
Obviously my weather forecasting skills Turbo! 🌧☔🏎🤣

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Right, thankyou to everyone who turned up this weekend. We had a couple who came just for breakfast and then plenty who enjoyed the drive.
A special thanks to Binty helping on the radio and Lawbreaker for running tail gunner (even though he followed my sat nav route and got lost (totally my fault)), but I think the google map route and WhatsApp group will work for the next meet and I can try to be a bit more adventurous with the route.
Thanks to Turbo for making the effort to attend from Bristol, and learned about his new car, mainly sideways from junctions 😂

We had a mixed early morning of weather so roofs up and down, then we all just got the roofs back up in time before the deluge. After that stayed warm and dryish for the fun around Lincolnshire.
I have plenty of bits of video so will try to come up with something soon.

·
1,460 Posts
Apparently day 5 is the key one so check on Friday again for your peace of mind
Well, I’ve had my first jab and my second one tomorrow so not worried at all mate. On top of that, Connie and Roz have both had two so don’t worry about us buddy. It’s just one of those things. 👍👍👍

·
* Registered
2005 SLK350 auto “Misty”
23 Posts
I’ve had both of my jabs too mate, will do a lateral flow test this week before I meet my parents so thanks for letting us know. As has been said, it’s one of those things and can’t be helped !
Paul

141 - 160 of 174 Posts