Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG/2002 SLK320
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. I'm a private buyer with cash waiting and looking to buy a r171 SLK55.

Here is my list of preferences. Facelift model (ie 2008+) Airscarf, Heated seats, Comand, NO two tone interiors only black, as for body colour, any silver or light blues, standard spec with maybe a x pipe, Harmon Kardon, under 60k miles, low owners ie 3 max, full documented service history (MB or MB and Indy) HPI clear, and willing to put up with a request for lots of hi res pics as I will be travelling from Scotland. I have no issue with travelling and over many years have bought cars as far south as Bournemouth, Chiswick London, Battle, Hook and Guilford. I have also sold cars to buyers from Hastings, Swindon, Liverpool and London. Without any problems.

I know that this is a long list of wants, but none of them are absolute deal breakers with the exception of airscarf & history. My budget for the best I can get is £15k. I don't expect to get something right away, but would like a new car in the drive by Easter. So no rush, I'll update this thread as time goes by until I get the 55 I'm looking for. Payment will be by BACS transfer only, no cash, cheques or Bitcoin!

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,376 Posts
Hook is in My back yard....!!

If You want any AutoTrader cars looked at down in My neck of the woods, just ask:

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

If You want any AutoTrader cars looked at down in My neck of the woods, just ask:
You'll know Tim Purslow Mercedes then? That's where I bought my SLK250CDi a few years back. Three years of trouble free driving with that car. Tim Purslow seems to have gone a bit up market now and most of his stuff for sale is AMG GTC'c and SLS's and the like, too rich for my blood! Thanks for the offer of a local look over, it's appreciated 👍.

·
2,376 Posts
You'll know Tim Purslow Mercedes then?
Yes...!! ("Tim Purslow" are a independent Merc dealer)
I went in there got a quote for new front pads & disks on My R171/350 and where the same price, or dearer than the main MB dealer in Basingstoke.... :oops:

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

There's an Autotrader car in Fleet I'm interested in. It sounds exactly what I'm looking for but way over priced (imho), £19.5k for a 41k mile '05! Car dealers have newer cars with less miles that are far less expensive! I've contacted the seller and if they get back to me I might take you up on your offer to take a quick look on my behalf. I think it's about 10 miles from Hook.

·
2,376 Posts
Very clean looking 55....!! (y)
Shame for that price it's not a face lift model...
From a quick scan of the advert:
Got the HK5.1 and a V8 under the bonnet..!!
No OEM Wind Deflector (£300 on FleeBay)
No SmartTop module (£200?)
Question to R171 owners: Does the 05 R171 COMAND not do full 7 digit post code navigation....??
Screenshot_20200110-111620~2.png

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very clean looking 55....!! (y)
Shame for that price it's not a face lift model...
From a quick scan of the advert:
Got the HK5.1 and a V8 under the bonnet..!!
No OEM Wind Deflector (£300 on FleeBay)
No SmartTop module (£200?)
Question to R171 owners: Does the 05 R171 COMAND not do full 7 digit post code navigation....??
View attachment 570575
I made an offer over email but they've not got back to me. Not surprising really as we are miles apart price wise. Thing is, I can get an 8 year newer good spec R172 SLK55 with less miles for a shade over £21k, less than £2K more. But my budget is what it is, £15K max and I'm sticking to it. For a giggle I put the reg no of the autotrader car in Webuyanycar.com and they offered £7K! What a shower of chancers!

I'll carry on looking meantime, but your offer is much appreciated but unlikely to be required!

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
463 Posts
Could be that they will keep it at their price for a period in case a punter with too many £££s comes along a buys it before dropping the price - so who knows in the long term.

·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could be that they will keep it at their price for a period in case a punter with too many £££s comes along a buys it before dropping the price - so who knows in the long term.
Yes, that's a distinct possibility. I'm in no rush so I'll wait and see what happens in the meantime with other cars becoming available week by week. Plus it gives me a bit of time to move my SL500 and SLK320 on. Neither are expensive cars, so fortunately I'm not relying on a sale to get the funds for the 55. It'll just make life a bit easier with the other half if at least one is gone before yet another car arrives! With three silver mercs in the drive she will be a bit "twitchy" if a fourth one lands!😄

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,490 Posts
SatNav is poor. You never noticed me go missing on tours, Trev?
And mine is updated to 2019.

Prices are random.
They have gotten worse this past couple of years.

Service history is questionable.
The testing item is the rear chassis.
You expect a fully serviced (main, or Indy) car to have a good rear chassis.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,192 Posts
No longer looking. Put deposit on a Cubanite 3 owner 41k miles SLK55 with all the toys I was wanting. I'm delighted and looking forward to picking it up. View attachment 570968

Enjoy!

Since you have a 55, these might interest you
My mods - also check my albums in my profile
and my videos in the 'Driving Stories' section

Kleemann Supercharger:

Kleemann ECU Tune and Headers:

Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential (LSD):

Carbon Fiber Diffuser:

Carbon Fiber Air Brakes/Side Vents

Driving stories section:

My albums:

FREE GIFT! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). If looking for a car, get the options before you buy!

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,092 Posts
Congratulations!
Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.