Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I have a new SLC 250D. I sometimes get a message on the screen when I switch off the engine that advises me to 'close rear side windows'. This is when I haven't had the top down (weather still not dry enough!). There is a button to close ALL windows under the flip up cover in the centre console - where you can also put the top down and up. When I press that the message doesn't go. Also, the rear windows (I assume the little triangular shaped ones?) are not down, as far as I can tell.

Can anyone enlighten me, please?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Mary

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Sounds like a sensor issue.

The car obviously thinks the windows are open, even slightly. If the windows are indeed closed then it needs a sensor replaced or adjusted.

You can try resetting them. Hold the centre switch down for 5 seconds (count 1-elephant, 2-elephant etc.) then pull it up for 5 seconds.

If that doesn't clear it then I'm afraid it's back to the dealer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mary. I had exactly this message appear on the screen. Whilst I am not yet fully familiar with this car or its idiosyncrasies, I did solve the issue by cycling the window states using the centre switch
Good luck
Tim

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have had that message as well. Also occassionally when I put my drivers window down and then close it again the back little side window stays open and I don't know how to close it unless I operate the open/close roof function. I haven't done many miles in the car and should take it back to the MB dealers but would love to hear if anybody else has had the same problem or if there is a way to independently open and close the rear little windows? Thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,379 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Haven't got a clue what that is? I clicked on the smarttop link but it's all too complicated. I guess going back to the dealers is my easiest option.

·
96,379 Posts
Haven't got a clue what that is? I clicked on the smarttop link but it's all too complicated. I guess going back to the dealers is my easiest option.
did you read the thread?

Smarttop is a 'mod' one buys to get all those feature

did you see the 2 videos at the top of the thread?

did you watch them? :D

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The SmartTop might look complicated but it's basically what the SLK/C should come set up as from the factory.

The main benefit is you can raise or lower the roof from the key fob from as far away as you can unlock the car.

It also drops and raises the rear windows, makes you coffee on cold days - all sorts of stuff. Get one. I resisted for years. And then I succumbed and now I'm a very strong proponent.

·
96,379 Posts
If I remember, you were my toughest 'nut' to crack! :D

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
I've had that notice , I've also been aware of the rear quarterlights being down when I didn't know they were , I just held the window switch held up and they went up . But you probably shouldn't pay any attention to me as I plugged an I pod into the car and after 5 mins of trying to make it work it didn't and I got bored so I went to the supermarket and bought a cd instead , that works fine !
Tech passed me by :grin:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,255 Posts
I've had that notice , I've also been aware of the rear quarterlights being down when I didn't know they were , I just held the window switch held up and they went up . But you probably shouldn't pay any attention to me as I plugged an I pod into the car and after 5 mins of trying to make it work it didn't and I got bored so I went to the supermarket and bought a cd instead , that works fine !
Tech passed me by :grin:

That'll be the 'Wirral Way' :wink:

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
:
That'll be the 'Wirral Way' :wink:[/QU

:grin: old blokes blokes way :grin: I don't get where the 43 knockers are coming from tech wise , I just turn it all off if I want some fun , factory lsd , traction off completely , and it really is off much to the dismay of 55 owners , gearbox in manual and it sits on the limiter instead of changing up unexpectedly , sounds like a drivers car to me ? Maybe the 55amg owners are lacking in certain departments :x:x:grin:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,255 Posts
:
That'll be the 'Wirral Way' :wink:[/QU

:grin: old blokes blokes way :grin: I don't get where the 43 knockers are coming from tech wise , I just turn it all off if I want some fun , factory lsd , traction off completely , and it really is off much to the dismay of 55 owners , gearbox in manual and it sits on the limiter instead of changing up unexpectedly , sounds like a drivers car to me ? Maybe the 55amg owners are lacking in certain departments :x:x:grin:

You do know that the 55 has manual too?

As for the wind up?

Nice try.
You should check my background out.
You'll see why I laugh at sports car drivers with ego.>:D

The thrill is to enjoy the car that we choose in the way that we choose.

The truly fast get involved with motorsport.
Look around the site and check out what they use.
There'll be a reason why they choose that engine.

Long live the Wirral Hundred (& I don't mean the pub ;) )

·
Registered
42 Posts
did you read the thread?

Smarttop is a 'mod' one buys to get all those feature

did you see the 2 videos at the top of the thread?

did you watch them? :D
Tks and yes I did but it's not what I am looking for as it's not necessary in this model. In the spec of the SLC 43AMG it states < The rear, side windows can now be operated independently, even if the roof is open> Hence my question of how do you operate them independently? Cheers

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
Tks and yes I did but it's not what I am looking for as it's not necessary in this model. In the spec of the SLC 43AMG it states < The rear, side windows can now be operated independently, even if the roof is open> Hence my question of how do you operate them independently? Cheers
Inside of the handle that lowers and raises the top is a switch (looks like a door's window switch) that operates all four windows at once.
Use that switch to lower all four windows at the same time and raise all four windows (the front windows close first and then the rear windows close).

Note that in SLK models you can't have the rear windows up with the top down unless you have a smartTop module installed.
Don't know if the SLC models work the same way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tks I had posted earlier today that I found that lever to operate all windows. As you say it wasn't on the SLKs so it's new to me. Cheers and many thanks.

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
:

You do know that the 55 has manual too?

As for the wind up?

Nice try.
You should check my background out.
You'll see why I laugh at sports car drivers with ego.>:D

The thrill is to enjoy the car that we choose in the way that we choose.

The truly fast get involved with motorsport.
Look around the site and check out what they use.
There'll be a reason why they choose that engine.

Long live the Wirral Hundred (& I don't mean the pub ;) )
I wasn't shaking your chain , I served my time in the stock car world , I spent many years on the ovals , albeit only turning left :smile:
I've got no ego but do enjoy a laugh .

·
Registered 2017 AMG SLC 43
18 Posts
On the SLC with the top down, closing the window switches closes the door windows and leaves the quarter windows down. Closing with the the switches again and holding them close the quarter windows. With the roof up and the windows closed, first hit lowers door windows, second lowers quarter windows.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,This being my first reply on this forum,on any forumcome to think of it.Yes I'm technologically challenged!I have a "diamond silver"metallic 200 Sport,manual,petrol.I picked it up on March the 2nd.from Cheshire Oaks with a couple of toys a Garmin Map Pilot and reversing camera.Last month I had the black fabric standard seats re upholstered in red/black leather.Very flash it looks too.
As to your issue with the mini windows I have also had the warning light on the dash,maybe six times in the 1500 miles that I have done.The car is going in to MB for a free health check next month I will mention the issue then.I am off to Portsmouth/Santander/Spain and Portugal September so the health check is a great scheme.
I have a strange issue with my engine oil dipstick,removal of the dipstick reveals oil well over the maximum,as per instructions I wipe the dipstick and insert,turning slowly for four seconds.Here's the drama removal of the dipstick shows oil above maximum,then a dry no oil section and lower down oil up to halfway.In effect oil,no oil then oil.Any ideas.Of course I have periodically checked the level,the bonnet lever is the most used part of my car!There doesn't seem to be an electronic oil level warning system fitted as there was on my previous MB.Apart from minor design flaws this is a very nice car.

If Diamond Silver is silver then Man.Utd's home shirts are purple?.
Why fit a glass sunroof with a solid roof liner?(yes I know that other types of roof are extras)
Why fit a chrome(plastic?)fin to the side wing louvre leaving the "cheese grater"bonnet louvre fins as an optional extra?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I think MB must be aware of the side windows issue.
I have a SLC180 and had the message a few times.
Anyone already been at the MB dealer? What do they say about it?

Herman

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.