Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to change the hour due to time change. Pulled stem out and turned clockwise per instruction manual. Nothing happened so what am I missing.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,804 Posts
hour is counter clockwise not clockwise

Clock
Adjusting clock:
Hour: Pull out knob (2) and turn it to the left.
Minute: Pull out knob (2) and turn it to the right

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
I attempted to change the hour due to time change. Pulled stem out and turned clockwise per instruction manual. Nothing happened so what am I missing.
Hi @flycatch

You're probably missing nothing to be fair.

My 200 is as good as gold in that department. Pull the knob out and twist one way or the other, clock changes .. easy peasy :tu:

The 320, on the other hand, is a PITA. Pull the knob out and twist one way or the other .. nada .. rinse and repeat .. and rinse and repeat .. and go try the 200 just to make sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, yup it's not me .. back to the 320 .. rinse and repeat .. try again .. and again .. and eventually, it works :surprise:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi @flycatch

You're probably missing nothing to be fair.

My 200 is as good as gold in that department. Pull the knob out and twist one way or the other, clock changes .. easy peasy :tu:

The 320, on the other hand, is a PITA. Pull the knob out and twist one way or the other .. nada .. rinse and repeat .. and rinse and repeat .. and go try the 200 just to make sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, yup it's not me .. back to the 320 .. rinse and repeat .. try again .. and again .. and eventually, it works :surprise:

Sorry but I have to disagree. No probs on my '01 320.

I was going to leave it because the car goes away for the winter on the 17th and when it comes out in the spring it will still be correct but she who shall be listened to asked politely. Just pulled the knob turned counter CW and changed the hour. I took advantage to retime the minutes as well to match my cell. Seems being out 10 minutes bothers her too!!

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Sorry but I have to disagree. No probs on my '01 320.

I was going to leave it because the car goes away for the winter on the 17th and when it comes out in the spring it will still be correct but she who shall be listened to asked politely. Just pulled the knob turned counter CW and changed the hour. I took advantage to retime the minutes as well to match my cell. Seems being out 10 minutes bothers her too!!
lol

That's the point tho Alex.
No probs at all on one of mine whilst the other one's a PITA but it gets there eventually .. and it's not just a one-off by the sounds of it.

There are 3-4 ways around it that spring to mind:

1. Keep on trying and it may or may not decide to play ball
2. Set the clock via SDS
3. Pull the battery and hook it back up again dead on 12:00
4. Wait 6 months and it'll be correct again

:grin:

·
Super Moderator
24,165 Posts
lol

That's the point tho Alex.
No probs at all on one of mine whilst the other one's a PITA but it gets there eventually .. and it's not just a one-off by the sounds of it.

There are 3-4 ways around it that spring to mind:

1. Keep on trying and it may or may not decide to play ball
2. Set the clock via SDS
3. Pull the battery and hook it back up again dead on 12:00
4. Wait 6 months and it'll be correct again

:grin:
Option 5. Gov't stops changing the time. It's an outdated event.

Perhaps the problem is more with units that have been changed twice a year.
Or, more likely, previous owner was Desperate Dan and was too enthusiastic.
Both damaging the soft materials used.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sure Fix

I decided the system was worn.

After reading, rereading etc etc.
Even tried tucking my trousers in my socks and wearing the knotted hanky.
Never got easier.
You guys are not doing it correctly: Any Southerner in the USA knows its how you hold your tongue when performing the required operation, stick it out and point it to the left for hours, to the right for minutes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Okay, so we know "we" have a problem with the clock setting knob but has anyone devised a repair for it?
I get all the different ways to "accept" the problem but how do we fix it?

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
^^^

Anyone done a fix? I just persevered with mine.

@M4rCu5

Well .. same as you Myk, just persevered with it, gave up, tried again a few days later and it was all hunky dory .. hit and miss

Have since bought SDS and as I needed to hook that up anyway I set it with that this last time around.

A far cheaper workaround it is to disconnect the battery (making a note of the radio code) and reconnect again @ 12:00 ;)

HTH

·
Registered
812 Posts
Just wondering. Would a shot of electrical contact cleaner down the shaft maybe help? This stuff comes as most spray things with a fine tube that could slide down the side of the shaft.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts